You decide

Bronze Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 51
I want good clean bass, I dont think my stock alternator can handle more than 450w RMS so what sub or subs should I get if I want the maximum SQ and SPL for that wattage range?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
any ideas...?

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 77
Well I have a stock alt in my car, not sure what size alt but it is an isuzu trooper. I am running 620 watts to the sub and about 140 to the components and I don't even see the slightest amount of dimming, even at really loud volumes.

I have one IDMAX and it sounds amazing SQ wise, and it can still hit pretty hard, but SPL isn't really my thing. I would recommend this sub, I have never heard a sub more accurate and deep. I am running it off of a kicker kx550.2.

Of course if you want to stick around 450 rms you could try one shiva, two VMAXs, or two IDQs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
yea i dont really wanna rattle my car, i have a 2 door vw golf, which obviously doesnt require as much bass as an isuzu trooper, my friend told me 2 10"s running off of 400-500 watts would definitely hit hard enough for my car.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 225
if your going for sq i absolutely loved the sound of the top line focal conponents and i thought mb quart top of line was good but they were 800 bucks in the car audio shop i worked at for a little while not sure how much you can get them for elsewhere but i no we did pretty much full suggested price in that shop

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
focals were so so natural not bright sounding like the mb quart

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
im extremely impressed with the specs on the Vmax 10"s, as I am with the Kicker KX400.1 amp, what do you guys think about that setup.

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
will be good but for the money and the fact you want sq alot of these guys have been talking about the shiva check that out small box too i think

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
ill do that, also do you know anything about Hifonics amps, specifically the Warrior Merlin 450D?

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
no sorry
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us