What enclosure would u guys recamend

Anonymous

im building a box for 1 12" XX.X, i have a chevy S-10 Ext cab, im thinking of making the sides of the box about 6 inches longer and putting the sub face down, do u guys think that would be louder? or would just putting it face up be louder? im 17 and i want this to be heard when im leaving campus, so im leaving it up to u guys with what to do

Bronze Member
Username: Tom_k

Post Number: 12
well,you want SQ,or just to be heard?

Username: Justafolly

New york, New york United states

Post Number: 1
do u already have a box done??? casue if u dont i would go with fiberglass and mold it or a bandpass box....with my system im goin with fiberglass just so i wont weigh down my car but alot of people like the way they sound also. you shouldnt have to worry about weigh thought but i do casue im putting 4 subs in my car that weigh about 20-25lbs each plus amps and powercaps so im having to go with fiberglass. i think u should invest in building or buying a plexi glass enclosure check out www.millionbuy.com they have good prices on enclosures

Anonymous

fiberglass is to expensive and i havent started yet and i want it to sound good but i want it to be really really loud

Anonymous

Bump, face up or down

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 995
i would say face up if you have a decent grill to protect it, and if you want to show off to your friends...if you want people to be like wtf? where is it? hav it face down, it gives a really cool effect in the cab

also, your truck will have insane cabin gain AND subfrequencies are unidirectional since the sine wave is longer than your truck, you can tell where it comes from

face it any way you'd like to, whatever pleases you best i suppose

Bronze Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 31
i would have to say downfire, but 1 thing ud be loseing is showing off to ur friends, its a really cool sub to watch pound, i have mine face up, i think glass or jon can help u decide better than i can

Anonymous

so go with downfire?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1366
I'd go with downfire, it tends to work very well in trucks. Mine is in the console at the front of the truck, and it is a bit of an angle, but is pretty much a downfire regardless. If possible, experiment with your box temporarily to see what works best as all vehicles are different.

Anonymous

what do u guys think of snail shell boxes, could i get one made so i could put it face down? r they expensive? could i make it myself?

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

bump

Anonymous

can someone plz answer that, its my last question
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help