Is the Sony MEX-5DI good?

Username: Ginuwinepz

Post Number: 4
I have had the Sony MEX-5DI head unit in my car for about 2 months..i have had it for about 6 months but did not have it installed...i noticed a couple months ago that they discontinued selling this head unit? i like mine alot, outside of the fact that i had to get another external amp to run my full range speakers. It is def. fancy!! it has the color TFT screen and memory card slot. any opinions on this head unit would be appreciated, if it is bad i will be trying to sell it before it does mess up...i have heard some good things about sony and some bad. thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Cruxis

PA USA

Post Number: 11
I think they're just shifting to the Xplod line (CDX-Model Number).

I've heard that sony HU's are really bad, but have no experience with them. The way I look at it is, if it works and you like it, keep it.

Bronze Member
Username: Tripperdiv

Post Number: 19
dude thats an awsome unit,i have the same one and i have the the cdx-m9905x unit in my other vehicle,everything about both units is great no problems with either.they are a little complicated to figure out but once you do their awsome.alot of people on this forum like to diss sony and i would say their subs and amps(and cheap head units) arent good reliable qaulity products ,but that head unit is.you know you get what you pay for and both units are not cheap ,maybe that will help in your deccision to keep it

Unregistered guest
im selling one brand new in the box for 399.99 it retails for 1100 dollars msrp... if anybody is intereste please e-mail me at thasalvoo@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us