2 12" w3v2 JL 500.1 Mono D Block SubZero Vented Box?

Username: Tacoface

Yuba City, Ca US

Post Number: 1
GoodMorning Everyone.

I am kinda new to car audio so I was just going to ask the forum what they think about this set up.

2x 12" w3v2, JL 500.1 Mono D Block, and a SubZero vented box this is going the a 2003 Excab Tacoma. Right now I have 2 10" type r's with a 1200 watt amp and I would like to have more bass and a all around better sound. I have heard nothing but good things about JL Audio and just want to see what people think about this set up, or if you can tell me a better one to go with. Thanks for you info on this matter.

Bronze Member
Username: Slim

St.pete, Florida

Post Number: 19
i much money are u spending on all of this product.

Yuba City, Ca US

Post Number: 2
12" w3v2's $200 each
JL 500.1 $549
SubZero $239
Total =$1188.00

I don't know if this is a good price. This is a JL dealer so I get the 2 year part exchange thing.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 458
JL Audio is way overpriced. You should look at 2 12" Cerwin Vega V-max and a Kicker KX600.1 or JBL 600.1. That will give you better sound and still save you some cash.

Yuba City, Ca US

Post Number: 3
I just want a good set up that sounds tits, and have a good thump to it. JayJ have you heard these subs at all?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 459
I don't recommend subs if I haven't heard them!! I have the V-max 12s in my truck now with the Kicker KX600.1. And I have installed alot of JL Audio subs so yes I know what they sound like too.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1338
For that budget, two Adire Audio Brahmas, $379 each, JBL 1200.1 amp, around $300 online, and use the rest of the money to custom build your box or have one built. Much, Much better SQ and SPL, subs and amp have a 3 year warranty if you get the amp in the right place.

Yuba City, Ca US

Post Number: 4
JayJ I think you took my reply the wrong way I was asking if you have heard them for their SQ, not asking if you heard them from a butthead point of view sorry for the miss understanding.

Jonathan I have no clue on how to install it or I would look on the net for better deals, apart of being a nooblet I guess.

Bronze Member
Username: Tmf

Vicksburg, MI United State...

Post Number: 21
the 12w3v2 is a good sounding subwoofer, and the 500/1 is an excelent amplifier. JL Audio makes GREAT sounding stuff, and Great Quality as well, however, they are quite overpriced. Maybe you could overlook the JL Quality, and take some advice from us. We are here to help. I would say that Jonathan's advice with 2 Adire Audio Brahmas and a JBL 1200.1 would be your best bet if you want a system that hits, and sounds great, for the same price that you would pay for your 12W3v2s. Good luck JD

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1340
If they were going to install the JL audio system you could probably save up a little money and have them install the Brahmas, they'll have to build the box so you'll need a little more money. Tweeter stores and subsidiaries are dropping Eclipse, so you could find an Eclipse Aluminum around $200 each (better in SQ/SPL than the W3v2) and get a JBL 1200.1 to push them, and have the shop install it. Won't cost you more for them to build the box as Subzeros are quite expensive. Ideally I'd do the Brahmas though. Best SQ/SPL combination in this case.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us