Glass, Jon i need your help!!!

Anonymous

hey i already posted at the headunit section and havent goten an answer. how do you take a head unit out. the reason for this is i need to put my rca's and my remote wire in. is there an easy way just to slip the headunit out just enough to do this?

thanks

Anonymous

guys??

Anonymous

???????

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1325
It depends on how it's mounted, some bolt in with factory brackets, some aftermarket use a slide in pocket, etc. If your is slid into place, they make a special tool to pry the head out of place, then it just slides out.

Anonymous

where can i get this tool?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1326
Usually comes with the head unit installation kit or the head unit itself, you can get them at audio shops. Can't remember if they're at Wal-mart or not. You may be able to pop it out of place with a small screwdriver, just look for a clip on each side of the head unit, push both in, and slide the head unit out.

Silver Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 136
it's a small piece of metal in the shape of an "L", don't try to 'force' it out by prying with a screwdriver, it will pop free, and 'slide' out. You wouldn't want to break it by yankin an pullin... any place that sells sound equpiment will probaby sell them... or even just give them to you...

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 214
just take off your trim ring around the headunit, slide your "key" tool into the sides of the unit and you should hear it click and it should then slide right out...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1341
Yeah, forgot to strain that, do NOT pry.

Anonymous

ok guys i found out how to get the deck off. i found the rca's for rear output. now my friend and i couldn't find the remote wire. what should i do?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 225
if its an aftermarket headunit it will have a remote wire, its attached to your wiring harness, it shouldn't be attached to anything, you'll see it coming out the back of the headunit. The wire should be a BLue and white wire.

Anonymous

ok ill look again.
it should have one though. its a pioneer headunit. thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us