$$?

Bronze Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 38
How much would a HO alt run me installed and everything?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 442
It depends on the size of the HO and the car also the shop.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
2000 VW Golf TDI, just enough to run 600-750w RMS off a class D without dimming.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4472
$500 or so if you have it installed professionally I'd guess?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
DAMN!!! All I want is a solid hitting 2 12 setup with box amp subs and amp kit for around 650, id have to put up another 500? jeeeez this car audio thing is starting to piss me off.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4474
it's not a cheap hobby.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
its not but its so enticing, i have my car malfunction backup account, a little savings for when things go wrong... my alternator is broken... so if i pulled the cash out of my car account for a normal alternator installation since i need a new one anyway, i wonder how much extra it would be to upgrade it to an HO?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1303
It's really not that hard to install an alternator. You can save a good bit of money on that if you know how to take a belt off and connect wires (most use a harness now, anyway). I'm not too sure about the VW Golf with it's sideways I4, but it still shouldn't be too difficult, I wouldn't pay over $50 for someone to do it for me.

pacavelizzzz
Unregistered guest
"DAMN!!! All I want is a solid hitting 2 12 setup with box amp subs and amp kit for around 650, id have to put up another 500? jeeeez this car audio thing is starting to piss me off."

man i feel dat, heres a tip: sell of a cap if u have one it will get ya like $100 :-) their useless.

im new and all iv been doing at the moment is buying and selling stuff aint found nothing which suits my needs..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us