How can I power this?

Bronze Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 31
2 12" V-Max's running on a 750 watt class D. I don't want light dimming or bat. light on. What should I put in it to give it the extra juice?

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 158
upgraded alternator

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
how much would an upgraded alternator run me? My alt just broke anyway so I have to get a new one, what are some good ones out there and how much would they cost?

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 434
Check here www.mralternator.com If it was me I would run a JBL 600.1 on those subs. With the 750 you will need about 70-75 amps with your stock alternator. Good Luck

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 204
you may want to look into getting a better amp that isn't as power hungry...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
So if I had a JBL 600.1D or some kind of 600w class D would I need to upgrade my alt? And are there other things I can do to increase juice without upgrading the alternator?

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 438
I would do the JBL 600.1. You should hook up the system first then see if your lights dim if so then only choice will be a HO alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
the JBL 600.1 puts out 600w at 2 ohms, is it possible to wire 2 4 ohm DVC subs to a 2 ohm load?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
oh and would this amp be good? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5716437738&rd= 1

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 441
The JBL will also run 600watts @ 1ohm. You will need a 2 channel amp to wire each sub for 2 ohms. The Diamond amp I'm new at so I don't know much about them someone else can help ya with that. heres a diagram to help you wire the subs @ 1ohm for the JBL. Good Luck

http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/ISEO-rgbtcspd/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?subs=2&impedance=DVC4x2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us