DVC or SVC

erik123456
Unregistered guest
what amp is needed for which ?
are there links for tech type stuff like this
i want to get a better understandin of stuff, rather than just loud not loud lol

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 123
Depends on how many voice coils and whether they are 2,4,6, ohms Also depends how many subs you'll have. Give examples of the subs, then the question can be answered.

Also, check out this link
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/S-Szr6cWT7FJK/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wi ring.html?subs=1&impedance=SVC4

Will tell you what resistance your amps needs to be at to power what type and how many subs.

FNG

erik123456
Unregistered guest
for example VMX-10DVC 10" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer 600 watts max / 200 watts RMS, 4 Ohm, sensitivity 92 dB, frequency response 20-500 Hz.

so that means 4 ohm and run 200 watts to it

erik123456
Unregistered guest
scratch that i just got a jbl 600.1 amp and i also want to run 2 12"s would that work with 12" VMax DVC's in a ported box

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 126
Yes, That will work, so will the SVCs, it doesn't matter.
Either way it will send 300w to each sub.
Plenty of power for ported.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
is there an advantage to having dvc ? they are a bit more expensive

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 127
It just allows for differen't configurations from what I've been told. But since the Vmax comes in single 4ohm and dual 2ohm, with 2 12s they will both wire down to 2ohms with that amp.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
what did you end up putting into your car FNG

come up to dallas if you ever want to hear my 15 titanium once i get it all set up

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 128
2 Vmax 12s and an MTX 801d
I almost went with Eclipse Aluminums because they
are clearing them out at Tweeter for $199 each
but it was a little out of my budget right now.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
have you put it in yet. what kinda box did you end up using? im thinking about the same set up for my gf but with the jbl amp instead, for the money it seems like an awesome deal, are you happy with it?

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 130
Just a sealed box, nothing special. I'll let you know when I get it all in. Won't be until this weekend. But I've heard the same setup and I thought it was awesome, even in the sealed box.

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 131
Well I got my MTX Amp new locally for $235. 200w more for less than I could find the JBL, otherwise I was gonna go for the JBL.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
should i go SVC like you did? -- Let me know how all your stuff is turning out, ill likely buy from the same site as you if it works out well

thanks bro
E

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 132
It really doesn't matter. With that amp you'll can run either type.

So far it's great. The birth sheet on my amp actually reads 876Wrms instead of the rated 800, so that's good. I'll let you know

erik123456
Unregistered guest
sweet just ordered the SVC 2 12's now im in search of the best ported box for them -- is custom the best way to go?

and what are you guessing this gets spl wise

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 134
Check these out www.proboxrocks.com
They make some nice boxes. I'm emailing Cerwin Vega now for the ported box specs, then you can see if the SuperBass model for 2 12s will work.

Check out the link. These things look sweet!!!
http://www.proboxrocks.com/superbass/2-12-SPB.shtml

Don't know about SPL, i'm not looking to compete or be noticed coming down the street, so wasn't a major concern for me. I was told in the right car with the right setup, low 140s.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
those look cool but so do these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5710830744&category=14945

its subzones new z series enclosure the link you had had more airspace and ive heard they sound best in a ported enclosure with over 2 ft per sub

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 135
erik, why don't you register so I can PM you to send the spec sheet I got from Cerwin Vega.

The Spec sheet says 2.6 cu ft per sub from Cerwin Vega. I hope that's a maximum. I emailed the guy back to find out if there's a range, otherwise it gonna have to be a custom box.

FNG

Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 1
registered....and i got the spec sheet yesteday

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 67
please send me the spec sheet about the vega vmaxs. 2.6 per sub? thats for ported right? i have a sealed box for mine..giving them 1.14 cu ft each and i was told they sound awesome at 1.0 cu ft, can erik or FNG please email me the sheet? thanks

Silver Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 144
That would be fine....I got the Spec sheet at work, if Erik doesn't get it to you by the time I get there, I'll send it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us