JL XR's or MB quart premium?

Username: Paperbag

Post Number: 2
I have heard a lot of good things about the JL XR components but then i have heard great things about the MB quart premium components. the 6.5 jl components are $380 and the 6.5 MB is $560. which would be the better set to get? Whatever i get, they will be ran by JL 300/4. Any help please?

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 210
subjective.
both are very good. you need to hear both and decide which you like.

If you want another option in a 6.5" two-way set look at the DynAudio System 240GT
Fantastic components.
Rainbow is excellent as well if you can find them.

Post Number: 4
yeah i had heard the mb premiums and the XR's in a store, and they both sounded great, but the XR's didnt sound as clear as the MB's. i had heard them in another store and they sounded much better. i think the employees at the first store toyed with the crossover on the JL's so the MB's sound better when people compared them, so customers would buy the $560 set instead of the $380.

Username: Chippa

Post Number: 17
Give the Infinity Kappa Perfect's a look.

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 218
yup
best to audition car speakers in a car.
on a sound board in a store they'll always sound pretty poor.
environment is far too different.

Post Number: 6
you know i just saw some mb quart 5.25 premium components at that same audio store last night for half off! they are brand new and they had just a few left. Originally they were about $550 and they were selling them for $245. I couldnt pass up that deal!

Post Number: 7
you know i just saw some mb quart 5.25 premium components at that same audio store last night for half off! they are brand new and they had just a few left. Originally they were about $550 and they were selling them for $245. I couldnt pass up that deal!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us