Fosgate vs. Kicker vs. Vega

Bronze Member
Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 15
Im trying to get 2 12"s or possibly 2 15"s. Im thinking 2 Fosgate RFD 2212 12's (500w RMS DVC), 2 Vega V-Max DVC 12's, or Kicker CompVR 12's or 15's (the ones that put out 400 RMS and 500 RMS respectively). Which ones would be my best bet? I want hard hitting, acceptable quality subs.

Also if you know anything about viper audio's D1200.1 amp, if thats any good.

Thanks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
any help would really be appreciated.

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
I don't care for Fosgates.

The CompVR's might hit a little harder (not where most people would notice),
but the Vmax is a superior sub in my opinion. Hits hard and clean, well depending
on the amp of course

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 60
go with 2 12" DVC v-maxs. run em off the JBL BP600.1. that would work perfect. subs will run you around 250$ shipped, and the amp will run 240$ shipped. check out acaraudio.com for the subs and http://www.audiodiscounters.com/product_id/267.html for the amp. great service, my BP600.1 came in 5 days.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
ryan what box did you get ported or sealed?

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
Erik,

Hope you didn't pay $250 for the subs...
They can be had for $178 shipped at www.onlinecarstereo.com.

Visitor

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Ok Ive been looking and I have narrowed it down to 3 setup choices. 2 fosgate HX2 12"s running on a Hifonics Brutus 1000D. 2 CompVR 03CVR124's running on a Hifonics Brutus 1000D. Or 2 Cerwin Vega Vmax's running on a Hifonics Nemesis 750D. Which is the best choice? (Also what about 2 JL 12w3v2's on a Nemesis 750D)

erik123456
Unregistered guest
i paid 178 dont worry lol

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
The Vmax in my opinion. Would look into little better amp...Like maybe the Xtant 6001, JBL 600.1 or 600.2. But those amps will still do the job.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
thanks, which one of those setups would you recommend for me, if i want 50-50 SQ-SPL.

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 74
VMAX ported to 28hz

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 483
2 HX2's God dangit thats some bass!

Bronze Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 62
i bought a custom sealed box for my 91' reg cab GMC truck. the box was 109$ shipped and gives each sub 1.14 cu.ft so i dont have to worry about polly fill. is there a reason that the vmax's are black @ onlinecarstero.com and silver @ acaraudio.com? i thought it might be lighting but that doesnt appear to be the case. is one of them a new model?

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 137
They just don't have a separate image at Onlinecarestereo.com The single voice coils are black, the dual voice coils are silver.

Bronze Member

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 64
ohh alright, thanks alot FNG. wish i knew that before i purchased my subs haha oh well, at least i bought them from acaraudio when they were on sale for 109$ and not the 120$ they are now. thats a lesson learned..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us