Alpine vs Cerwin Vega

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 216
OK I have not heard that many great subs in cars. Now, with that already said I just auditioned a 10" reflex box Type R in my car with 300RMS. That sub was awsome compared to most subs I have heard considering it was 1 10" sub.

No with that said I am very looking forward to auditioning a Type-R 12" in a sealed box also with 300RMS. Would a V-Max really keep up with Alpine's SQ and SPL? The Type-R at the local shop is 179 and about 35 or 40 for the sealed box I think. The V-Max can be had for about 100-110 but would have to probably get a custom box - 60 or 100 if ported. Now I want the best system regarding SQ(SPL also but not QUITE as much) and price.

Thanks in advance. Details would be much appreciated.

Anonymous

John....honestly, I feel the Vmax is a better sub. It will hit harder and have as good SQ if not better.

But, if you must have the the Type-R 12, it can be found much cheaper over the internet ($120ish shipped at www.ikesound.com) Then just pick up that box locally to avoid shipping costs.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 427
John go for the V-max it will own the type R. The V-max will have alot better SPL and SQ then the type R could ever dream of.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 217
OK wow this V-max better rock!! haha anyway should I go with a sealed or ported box. im leaning more towards sealed for better sq with some good SPL but if ported is just as good sq then i might go with that.

also can you give me the size i would need for the box so i can have it custom made.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 431
If you are going with a 12" then go 1CF and put about 1pound of polyfill in the box it will sound great. Oh go with a sealed box. Good Luck

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 119
What is polyfil supposed to do? Something about making a sealed box seem bigger?

FNG

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 658
Basically it makes the box seem like its larger by slowing down the soundwaves.

Silver Member

Michigan America!

Post Number: 218
would it be easy to find a pre-made built 1CF box for a 12" sub? Would this work jsut as good as a custom made one?? Would the sub line up perfectly in the hole and the drill spots??

Silver Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 125
A prefab box should work fine in a sealed application. Should be redily available in 1-1.25 cu ft.
Mine didn't have pre-drilled holes for my Polk db10, don't know if that's good or bad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us