Building a box for door speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 134
(I posted this in the speakers forurm... but noone reads that stuff)

I was thinking of building sealed boxes for my door speakers. I was wondering if that might be a good idea, or if anyone 'has' done it. If so, do you have any imput on it. I just decided that it might be an interesting idea this morning while i was sitting in my car.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 154
not really worth it for factory size speakers but if you wanted to get rid of vibrations and such dynamatting the doors would fix that but if you want to do that matt let me no i have a cheaper solution and easier to use to do that.

thanks,

in search of bass

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 479
I think thats a waste of time and money. A car door is usually 'kind of' sealed already. If you want more bass component speakers are not the way to do it.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4440
most component "door speakers" are designed to be in an infinite baffle so sealing them in enclosures would decrease performance.
If you're using something like a midbass driver, you could seal off the entire door panel and dynamat it, which will help.. but it gets tricky to do with everything inside the doors already.
best bet then is to make a kick pod that's sealed in fiberglass.

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 60
whats that dynamat substitute sean

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4449
fatmat
eDead
brown bread
peel-n-seal

lots of alternatives

Silver Member

Post Number: 155
ice guard 58 bucks 108 sq ft. read the article

http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/337124/6

thanks,

in search of bass

Silver Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 135
well, the point wasn't to get 'more' bass from them, but i put one in a small box that i made... and it made the sound much clearer, and projected it much better... i have an older car, and the door is built different, it's far from sealed. i was just wondering if it was possible to build a box for it... but once i put some thought into it... i decided not to, because it would interfere with my power windows...

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
if you really wanted to you could do fiberglass pods

mrmeiii
Unregistered guest
look on my pages on sound domain...i built my 6.5's into sealed boxes in my doors http://www.sounddomain.com/id/mrmeiii

Silver Member

Post Number: 239
id do that to my car but id mess up my pretty stock finish lol but raising the door out with wood was a good idea
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us