Eclipse Aluminum Glasswolf...

John311
Unregistered guest
I've purchased an Eclipse Aluminum 8122.DVC and am trying to build a ported enclosure for it. I've been recommended a ported box by Eclipse, but it's a 2.5 cu ft box tuned to 40 hz and that's just too high tuned for my tastes. What size and tuning do you recommend for it? SQ is important, I'm looking for more output. My amp is a Kicker 550.3, which puts out 400W RMS at 2 ohms, and it has a built in subsonic filter of 20 hz. I also can take the sub back and get a JL Audio W6v2. I'm looking for one sub that will hit hard with 400W RMS, will the W6v2 hit harder than the Aluminum with this power? I like the SQ of both, but SPL wise I haven't heard them side by side in the same car and with my amount of power, I'm looking for which will hit hardest out of the two. I was told the Aluminum is way underrated and really needs over 500W RMS to see it's full potential. By the way, the specs I get from Eclipse are this:
F s: 27 hz
Qts: 0.30
Vas: 3.2 cu ft.
Xmax (one way): 1.3"
I was also told that the one way xmax Eclipse lists isn't right, and many have said they don't get near what they claim and the real x-max is closer to 16-17 mm, is this true?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4441
try 2-2.5cu ft, and tune it to 32Hz.
that'll hit hard, and deep.
it'll sound pretty close to a sealed box for depth, but with more punch.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us