Question

Freddy K
Unregistered guest
Is there something that I can buy that I can hook to my radio or something to stop the hissing noise through my tweeters? there is just a constant SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS noise while the volume is up. It stays at one volume, but it is annoying while you have the music turned down. Any help would be appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 639
Do you have the tweeters on an amp?

Username: Ncsubum

Post Number: 2
thats def. altenator (or however you spell that) whine...its quite possibly the most annoying thing EVER. i'm assuming you have an amplifier as i havn't heard loud whine in headunit-amplified systems. usually what causes it is having your signal wire from the preouts of the headunit running close to your power wire. you should try a few things...one, (don't be lazy) run your power wire on one side of the car, and signal wires on the other side...two, use a better set of rca's w/a little more shielding...also, check your grounds (even if you don't have an amplifier, a bad ground connection will cause a lot of noise) they're very important to knock out noise.

Freddy K
Unregistered guest
It doesn't whine with the accelerator. I know what you mean. It is just a one tone sssssssss noise. With the radio turned all the way down you can't hear it. I can turn it up one notch and it is just as loud as it turned way up. I guess it is some kind of hi frequency that only the tweeters can pick up. I don't have them running from an amp. I have four of them total. One of them running from each one of my door speakers. Just wired straight off them. The noise is not Extremely loud or anything like that, but it is annoying to me.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 156
yeah its out of your head unit sounds like its distortion related high or low

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1294
It's probably just radio hiss. Does it happen with different stations? Are you talking about just the radio, or does it happen when playing Cd's as well? If it is just radio stations, not a lot you can do besides boosting the signal, which antenna boosters generally don't work that well and if hiss is there they will amplify it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us