Will my system pound??

Username: Nickkk

Charlotte, NC US

Post Number: 7
I plan on istalling 4 adire tempests in a ported enclosure tuned to 30hz and using a hifonics bx1500d to power then. they will be installed in my minivan. will this be loud. any comments are appreciated. ty

Charlotte, NC US

Post Number: 8
bump

Charlotte, NC US

Post Number: 9
bump

lmao
Unregistered guest
No those subs suck and so does the amp. You would be better off running pyle subs and a legacy amp.

Charlotte, NC US

Post Number: 10
acttually i used to run a legacy amp and a pair of jensens. sounded horrible. nuthin compared to my single tempest

lmao
Unregistered guest
Nah I was just kidding man. It should hit pretty good. Just a guess but I would say around the mid 150s. Depended on the enclosure.

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 476
Yes, 4 sub will always hit.

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC US

Post Number: 11
i know u were just kiddin. i was thinkin they would hit closer to the low 140's b/c they are in a minivan so less vehicle gain.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1280
Especially 4 15's, good 15s at that, in a ported enclosure. It will definately hit very hard, over 150 if done right with a good amount of power. Of course, it always depends on the vehicle, a minivan should get pretty loud.

Username: Ncsubum

Post Number: 1
The tempest wouldn't be my first choice...it performs quite well in homes (which it is designed for) with its high Fs it requires a large box to get good low end extension. i'm not saying it wont hit...but in sealed boxes it will roll off around 35 or 40hz. i'm to lazy to look it up in my box calculator, but i've done it before and its something like that. in a larger ported box you could get a very flat freq. response down to the mid 20's prly. good luck

yousuck
Unregistered guest

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 54
150's on a termlab mic with 4 15's and 1500 watts? wow wtf are you smoking?

with a good amount of power? he already said what amp he had.

NOT enough for 150's but you will be able to pound out the lows from what i've heard, just not a spl oriented woofer.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1295
Like I said, it depends on the vehicle among other things. I didn't get into what mic he would be using etc, but those 4 15s are capable of 150. It's not always about power, those subs don't even need 300-400W each to get to full excursion.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 56
he could do a 160 on an ac mic in the right conditions, those things are highly accurate.

Username: 95z71

Post Number: 6
obvisouly u wanted to show off dumbshit and not ask a question

Bronze Member

Charlotte, NC US

Post Number: 12
well maybe i wanted to show off a little but i really wanted input on what kind of spl i would be lookin at for my install.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us