Xplod amp keeps going into protection mode

Username: Rmikeandmelissa

Cabot, Arkansas

Post Number: 1
I have a Xplod 760 watt amp hooked up to two 12" Xplod subwoofers in an enclosed custom box. I think I may have hooked up the wiring wrong to the amp because when I turn it up, it shuts down. So, I bought thicker wires for the woofers and hooked it back up, but I can't turn the gain up much at all before it shuts down again. It sounds horrible now, with hardly any bass at all. Can anyone send me a wiring diagram showing how to hook it up, including hookup of my regular car speakers to it???

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 625
So you have an one sony amp hooked up to two sony subs and the amp keeps on shutting off. What amp and what subs do you have and then we can help ya out more. What is happening is you have your amp running at too low of an ohm load.

Username: Kaosr

Post Number: 3
play with the wiring. Hook A positve wire from one speaker and the negitive wire from the other to the amp bridged. then connect the free positive and negitive wires together and that will fool the amp to believe its one 8 ohm speaker and should hit good.

Username: Rmikeandmelissa

Cabot, Arkansas

Post Number: 2
Davids2004, it's a Xplod 760 watt amp and two 12" Xplod woofers.
Chace, I will try that tomorrow and see how it works out and let you know. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 630
Model #'s please on amp and subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 42
I thought sony subs were 4 Ohm.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums