Want a loud system

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 48
hey i have been studying this forum for a while. and i love learning about car audio. i also hate kids that have daddys that give them 3000 dollars to put into their brand new cars system when the kids have never read up on audio at all. there is this guy i want to beat out that will probably be getting something like 3 12 mtx thunder 8000 subs. would 2 cerwin vega vmaxs geting 350 watts rms each beat out this rich kid . both systems will be going int suvs. i just want to make sure i dont need 3 subs to beat him.

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 368
How much money do you have to spend?

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 49
i already have a fosgate 700s amp and an willing to spend 300 on subs. i was wondering if the 2 vegas would beat the 3 thunders considering the tunders are not that high quality . or is the output of 3 that much better

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
Do you have room for 2 15" Vmaxes? That would be really loud and sound pretty good.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 50
i have a pathfinder so i should. how much do 15s run or would i be better to have 3 12s i just need enought to beat 3 thunder8000

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
get 2 15" Vmaxes. That would slam. I'd power them with a JBL 600.1 amp. That would definatly beat the MTX subs.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 52
im concerned they wont be tight enough i and goin to use a ported box tuned to 30hz. are you sure the 15s ont be sloppy. i wanted 12s but if it wont beat the guy out then i will go the extra mile

Anonymous

maybe some adire shivas....

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 53
i thought shivas had better sq but the same spl of a cerwin vega vmax. actually ive been told that the vmax has a spl advantage 19mm of xmax vs 16

Anonymous

if u really want to make him look stupid when u crank up your system try to be a bit mo patienced and hold off for a minute while he think he's killing the scene then drop some re x's or sx, or brahmas on him and he'll probably watch you go down the street looking at u with his mouth opening with nothing to say. JUST A SUGGESTION

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
If you really wanna beat him get 2 12" Adire Brahmas and power them with a JBL 1200.1 amp. That would be very loud and sound good. put them in a ported box tuned o 31 hz. That would slam.

Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 3
or you could get 2 12" resonant engineering tripple x's that would also bump pretty good. about 6 cubic ft total ported and tuned to about 38 hz.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1258
If he wants more SPL, I'd suggest tuning more towards 35 hz. Two 12" Brahmas would own those 3 Thunder 8000s, two 12" V-Maxes would struggle to keep up unless you port the boxes and he doesn't, two 15" V-Maxes would walk all over him, and they're pretty tight, just not as good in the 80-100 hz region as smaller subs. The Shivas have a little less SPL than the V-Max, but in my opinion, better SQ.

Bronze Member
Username: Daven

Post Number: 76
I would go with the v-maxes on a budget, but as far as balls to the wall subs go, get a 15" r.e. X.XX. With decent power, that will make him crap is pants.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 54
hes probably not doing ported and i would be i just dont want the 15s to be to slow. if you think that they wont drownd out a pair of shivas i will get them. also how are a pair of 15s ported of should i go sealed with them. tell me what to do to get good sql that will beat the 3 mtxs

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 474
Blare, I have one of those 700S Rockford Amps in my suv and i tell you i couldnt be more happy w/ its output. That thing has so much power you will surley blow the plastic right off his car. I know what you mean by wanting to beat out other peoples systems. Its the same way at our school.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 56
yea hes this stupid little rich kid that has never read anything on audio and he thinks hes bad because his dad is getting him a system. hes 15 and his parents gave him a 2003 yukon on 24s. i have to wup this kid and make him cry to his mom whos had more plastic surgury than cher. but really if the 2 15s will give me extra sound with thith very little lost sq and tightness then i will get them. oh pat with that 700s did you need a new alternator.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 196
most cars can handle a single amp and possible a smaller door speaker amp, depending on the quality of the amp, i had a kenwood amp for a while, the thing would make my headlights flash, i bought a higher powered audiobahn expecting my headlights to pretty much give a strobe effect but they dont even flicker....all depends on the quality of the amp

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1274
15's will have better low end, the only thing it will lack over a 12 is usually that it can't handle midbass transition as well, so your components need to be able to handle 80-100 hz well. Below that, the sub might lack a tad of SQ, but not very noticeable at all IMO. 2 15's will hit harder than 3 twelves if the excursion is about the same (or close), which it is. You'd def. beat him out with two ported 15s.

Silver Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 145
jeff if the audiobahn is class d and im pretty sure the kenwood was class ab 50% vs 70% class d.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 57
now for my final question. what size of box would i need for the 15 vmax and the 12 give me vented and ported for both and what should i tune it to
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us