Wiring a cd deck?

diablo590
Unregistered guest
The other day i was at a local car audio business looking at a new cd deck for my car (2001 Pontiac Grand AM SE) and the sales person looked up my year and make in a book and told me i need to buy this $70 wiring kit and another $50 to be intalled "correctly". He says that this wiring kit routes the stereo to the trunk and back to the front to preserve the data in the cars computer. Now when i heard this i thought he was feeding me complete bullshit and i had no intention on buying this kit. Does anyone know if i need this kit to preserve the data in my stock stereo to be used in the cars computer?

Anonymous

go to www.installdr.com and you can get some help i think.

Username: Topedgeonline

Montrose, Colorado United States

Post Number: 3
Here is the metra wiring kit he is talking about: GMRC-01 It is pretty expensive.
Here is the description of the harness:
Class 2 data buss adapter for GM cars with Door chime and other stuff built into the factory radio, this device allows installation of an aftermarket radio with no problems and no need to relocate the old factory radio.

Miguel Wek
Unregistered guest
can someone give me the the directions on how to wire the the GMRC-01 into a 2000 chevy impala or
email it to me putonshirt@yahoo.com

silverfox
Unregistered guest
i have a 97 Ranger that i put a CD player into the other day, everything is wired correctly Color coded) and i doubled checked it, but when the ignition is ACC position eveerything works fine but when i turn the car on i only get sound from the back left speaker and i have to crank it all the way up to hear it and then its just distorted. wondering if anybody had any idea what was goin on? if you do please e-mail at noodles_8320002@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
I have a 2001 gand am. I am trying to put an aftermarket cd player into it. I already bought the metra wiring harness. I do not know where to hook a wire. It says to the door chime, but i have no idea what that means. Can anyone help me out? email me at stacyb_16@hotmail.com THANKS!!!!

Username: 1234

Post Number: 1
how do you hook up a car stereo system to a car battery outside the car?

keith burlette
Unregistered guest
connect the acc wire and batt+ wire to the positive pole of the battery, and the the ground wire to the neg- pole

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 5230
This is why there are professional installers.

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 42
that's funny. lol

Username: Angelstudz

Columbia , Sc USA

Post Number: 4
Hello.
I would like to know the wiring code for a 2003 Buick Century. Could somebody who has more knowledge on this please help me? Also, does anyone know how I can find out if my factory-installed speakers in the same type car have the minimun of a 50 W rating and between 4-8 ohms?

Thanks a lot!
D

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 6673
just buy a wiring harness adapter for an 03 GM vehicle.
no wire cutting required.

Unregistered guest
I am trying to find instruction on how to install my new cd player into my car. My car is a 2001 Pontaic Grand Am I have looked everywhere and i cant find it

Unregistered guest
i am trying to find out how to wire new rear speakers in a 2001 grand am the new speakers have a positive and negative wire but the car wiring has four wires for each speaker

joshg
Unregistered guest
Get the Metra Kit. I used it in my 2005 Cavelier and everything has been working fine for 3 months. It plugs into the factory harness and has a little box with all the chimes and stuff you lose with out it. Also the airbags are tied into the circiut so if you want everything to work correctly you need the adaptor but you don't need that American International kit with the 17' harness that relocates the factory radio to the trunk. Just keep the factory radio incase it ever needs to be re-installed for the Dealer to flash the computer in your car.

josh

Unregistered guest
i need the color codes for the wires on a 1997 ford contour. the wire harness was previously cut off. any help would be appreciated. jgabrie@comcast.net

Unregistered guest
do i really have to have the gmco or whatever it is for my door chimes on a 2004 pontiac grand am se???

Anonymous

I have a 2003 Grand am. I just install a new jvc cd player. Turned out great. i ran my rca cables and my remote turn on wire for my amp. Heres my problom. I started to run the hot wire for the amp. i can find anywhere in the fire wall to run it threw. If any one has any tips on how to run the hot wire please let me know.

Anonymous

I have a 2003 Grand am. I just install a new jvc cd player. Turned out great. i ran my rca cables and my remote turn on wire for my amp. Heres my problom. I started to run the hot wire for the amp. i can find anywhere in the fire wall to run it threw. If any one has any tips on how to run the hot wire please let me know.

yoni
Unregistered guest
i want o wire into my 1991 toyota tarago a new cd player could any one please send me anything which could help me thanks

Anonymous

i just had a cd player installed in my 2004 chevy impala and then lil while after i had an amp and subs hooked up but the problem im having is that when i turn on my car the amp turns off. is there anybody out there that can help me with my problem cuz the pros dont even know why its doing it. email me at brown.christopher@us.army.mil

thank you

Unregistered guest
i have a 2003 for ranger i need to know how to hook up a new cr player in it

Nate_2k5
Unregistered guest
I have a 2000 GA GT1, i keep being turned in circle about which actual harness I need, any help?

Unregistered guest
i just bought a cd player for my o4 grand am. i need to know where to connect the 12volt ignition wire to. please help

pistolpaco
Unregistered guest
what harness do i need for a 2000 impala the metra vt gmrc-01 or the metra 70-2003t ??? please email me at fitch14chs@aol.com

Advanced Designs
Unregistered guest
For the people needing help with any Pontiac Grand Am's we would be able to help you. Just E-Mail us at AdvancedDesigns@Hotmail.com.

nuf
Unregistered guest
you stink like rotten jerks with tomatoes on their forehead

Anonymous

I have a 2004 Pontiac Grand AM, and it SUCKS!!!!!!! don't buy this car if you know whats good for you. I've been installing car audio equiptmant since I was 14, and this is the wiring harness that you need to buy is way too overpriced and the people who designed the electronic schematics for this car are dumbasses!!! I'm not spending $70-$90 for a wiring harness.

chvy colorado
Unregistered guest
I have a rockford fosgate amp that needs to be wired up to 2004 chevy colorado does any one now how to do or do i have to buy a different cd player or what

Unregistered guest
I have 2003 Grand Am and the car sucks if you ever plan on removing the factory sound system out of your car don't buy a Pontiac.

Unregistered guest
How do I bench test a 2001 Chevy Impala RDS radio
made by Delco, part no. 10310458 ?? I bought this
radio on eBay and would like to use it as a shop/
home radio. Do I need to wire an Impala computer
to the radio and if so, how ???

Unregistered guest
I recently installed a Head Unit in my 2004 Grand Am after scouring the net for for 6 months to see if you can bypass the relocate harness. I tried bypassing it which resulted in a $150 trip to the dealership to flash the computer in my car to reset things(SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY TO GET THE RELOCATE KIT ITS WORTH IT). I have run into several problems with the ACC wire for the deck as well as the remote wire to turn on my amp. Have found several solutions. If you want more indepth answers or to give me some hints on how to hook up the ACC to one of the fuses boxes email me.

Unregistered guest
I have a 2005 chevy colorado, in which I am putting a new cd player. everything is hooked up except for the acc cable, and for the life of me I cannot figure out where to hook it up, or how to get power to the unit. Any helpers?

Unregistered guest
I have a 2005 Chevy Malibu and the CD player thats in it is pretty well inbedded into the dash and takes up a considerable amount of space as it comes with a 1 1/2 inch by about 4 inch display screen and if i was to take it out and buy a deck to wire subs and an amp in my car there would alot of space missing cause decks jus arent big at all so im asking how necessary is it for me to buy a deck when hooking up subs and an amp in my car?

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 900
for 05 malibu you can buy a dash kit an wire harness to fill the gap, it will have a pocket in it. but you do not have to get new deck, buy a nice line output converter and run it theat way, it ties into the speaker leads and converts signal for the rcas.

Silver Member

Post Number: 901
for 05 colorado you have a red accessory wire on the after market harness you bought, if you did not use an aftermarket harneess, you have just lost all factory settings for car, door chimes etc is tied into the radio. You need the relocation harness or the gmclass 2 data interface harness. but either on has a red acc wire on it....

Unregistered guest
ok so i found this line out put converter called the PAC Trunk-LOC for about 37 bucks does this sound right? It says best line output converter(LOC)on the market but people say alot of things to sell something..so this LOC hooks up in ur trunk with the wires from ur factory stereo running up to it then out of another hook up to ur amp...is that correct and if u could tell me, is this a nice enough line output converter

Unregistered guest
ok so i found this line out put converter called the PAC Trunk-LOC for about 37 bucks does this sound right? It says best line output converter(LOC)on the market but people say alot of things to sell something..so this LOC hooks up in ur trunk with the wires from ur factory stereo running up to it then out of another hook up to ur amp...is that correct and if u could tell me, is this a nice enough line output converter

Unregistered guest
and also if im only hooking up one 1000 watt max power sub does this mean i only need a mono 1 channel amp with a 1000 watt output max power and the RMS range is in the same range as the subs RMS range too...is this correct or am i mistaken.

Silver Member

Post Number: 914
not necessarliy, what brand of sub and wjhat is the voice coil configuration

Unregistered guest
It is 1000 watt 12 inch Pioneer TS-W306DVC...4 Layer, Dual Long Voice Coil

Silver Member

Post Number: 920
your going to need an 2ohm stable amp mono, like maybe an alpine mrd-605 or a kicker 650.1.

Unregistered guest
I have a 1993 ford taurus SHO with the JBL system i took it out to put a new system in and i dont know how to bypass the factory amps and a wireing harness wont work i need a wiring shematic please help lol

Unregistered guest
so any good 2 ohm amp mono...how does the max power of the amp effect the sub cause the amps u suggested are both around 600 watt max does that matter any because my sub is 1000 watt max...wat about a pioneer GM-D510M amp with 1000 watt max because i am able get one of these cheaper than the ones u suggested at this point in time....???

eastsidarida239
Unregistered guest
so any good 2 ohm amp mono...how does the max power of the amp effect the sub cause the amps u suggested are both around 600 watt max does that matter any because my sub is 1000 watt max...wat about a pioneer GM-D510M amp with 1000 watt max because i am able get one of these cheaper than the ones u suggested at this point in time....???

eastsidarida239
Unregistered guest

Silver Member

Post Number: 935
unless it is free, pioneer is not known for their amps, and that amp only puts out 600X1 @ 2 ohms and I bet it is at 14.4 volts, unless it is a real lot cheaper, pay the differenc and get quality.

Unregistered guest
wat about a audiobahn A8000T...800 max watts..400 watts RMS Power Range

Silver Member

Post Number: 943
thats better then the pioneer.

Username: Ineedhelp85

I am trying to install a Pioneer DEH-235 into my 90 Jeep Cherokee, and I am having problems with the wires matching up! Can somebody tell me which wires go with which color?

Silver Member

Post Number: 947
get an aftermarket harness that fits the car to the radio, or here is the diagram.
1988-90 Jeep Cherokee Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Pink
Switched 12V+ Purple/Orange
Ground Black
Illumination Orange/Black
Dimmer Dark Blue/White
Antenna Trigger Gray
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 5 1/4" Doors
Left Front (+) Green
Left Front (-) Black/Yellow
Right Front (+) White
Right Front (-) Black
Rear Speakers 5 1/4" Tail Gate
Left Rear (+) Gray/White
Left Rear (-) Brown/White
Right Rear (+) White/Black
Right Rear (-) Brown

Unregistered guest
hey are pioneer subs not good..cause they got good reviews...but some people told me there not good subs....the reviews on them were all positive tho...

Unregistered guest
hey are pioneer subs not good..cause they got good reviews...but some people told me there not good subs....the reviews on them were all positive tho...

Anonymous

I have a 2000 Grand Am and I am trying to replace the rear 6 x9's with new speakers. When I took the factory 6 x 9's out, I noticed that there are 4 wires leading to each speaker? Since I only have 2 terminals on each speaker, what do I do with the 4 wires? It seems like 2 of the wires are carrying mid to high frequency, and the other 2 are carrying low frequency.

imajeenyus
Unregistered guest
i have a 98 ford f-150 that i just put an alpine deck into... everything works perfectly fine except for the fact that there is no sound... all the speaker wires are connected correctly and there is power running to my deck and the CD plays but does not produce any sounds... anyone know what is wrong??? please email me whitys_unitys@hotmail.com

Gold Member

Post Number: 1042
does it play on radio? if so, the antenna wire is hooked up to the amp turn on for truck. If no sound at all, it may have an amp in the truck and needs to have blue wire hooked up?

Username: Infurno121

Cardiff, Wales Wales

hi i was just wondering if anyone can help me on a simple task ive just bought a 1991 metro rally trs (ive tryed to fit an cd player which it turns on but no sound tryed the battery trick which the speakers are working) maybe wiring wrong ive got a BLACK GREEN BLUE and ive ried all the speakers up right i no.. can any one help cheers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us