Fuzz caused by sub

trickfly843
Unregistered guest
Hey i'm having a problem. When i have my radio on and my sub is on i get alot of fuzz out of my comp speakers. and when i turn the sub off from my HU the fuzz goes away completly. the fuzz even weakins when the sub volume is turned down. and i just can't figuer out why it is doing this. i even have a new set of $80 RCA's. But it was doing it before i got the rca's and i have totaly rewired every thing i moved the ground wire over. but nothing has changed so any in put would be great. oh yeah i also had a differnt amp at one time and still did it.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 177
by any chance are your RCA's and/or Remote turn on and Power cable running down the same side of you car?

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 67
With the high quality RCA's it shouldn't make 'that' much difference... but if you had them on the same side... it's likely that is your problem. But did you say that it was the Raido that did that? because that could be a fact of not haveing a good crossover... because the background static that you don't really notice will be amplified through your amp, and with out a good crossover, that will come through the speakers.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
well the fuzz isn't coming from my amp because all my amp is powering is my sub. and i don't think it would be because of my HU because it is a Aline 7897 which is a $600 HU. but i will seperate my rca's from my remote wire and see if that works.

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 80
well it wouldn't be the remote wire causeing the interference... it would be the power wire... The signal that runs through a wire is just electricity, and when it's running through the power wire, it leaks out like radiation. If your rca's are close to it, the radiation interferes with the electric signal in the RCA's.

Paint anyone?Upload

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 62
I already ran the power wire through the same side as my RCAs and I dont' really fell ike changing it.. Is there anything else I can do? If I wrap the RCA wires with electric tape will that help the problem?

Robert J
Unregistered guest
and here is the thing i own a bmw and the battery is already placed in the trunk from the factory so the closest my rca's get to each other is where they connect to the amp. but my rca's are running next to my remote wire. any other suggestions.

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 82
what kind of composit speakers do you have?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 179
just rerun your RCA Cables, thats the only way it'll work, it wont take very long, maybe 10 minutes and it'll sound 100 times better

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 83
that's the best thing to do, because that is most likly your problem...

Robert j
Unregistered guest
guys i could still use an answer to this.

Here is the thing i own a bmw and the battery is already placed in the trunk from the factory so the closest my rca's get to each other is where they connect to the amp. but my rca's are running next to my remote wire. any other suggestions

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 34
Your power wire HAS to run on the opposite side of the RCA/Remote wire, Thats the only way around your problem. Doesn't matter where your battery is. You could disconnect the remote from the HU and ren it from the fuse block, but that is not recommended, Does the fuzz go away when you play a CD, and it only happens when you are listening to the radio? Could be you are hearing background noise/airwave interference, stuff like that. You may need a filter.

Robert J
Unregistered guest
yeah it does only happen when the radio is on. what kind of filter would i need.

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 35
For that you'll have to get with somebody else far better at this than I am. There are noise reduction filters for that sort of thing. I just went to radio shack and told them, and they sold me one. Didn't pay any attention. SORRY.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us