I'm new at this... Am I good to go, or what?

Username: Orldypc

Post Number: 1
Hey, this question is to any expert who can help me. I've never messed with sound systems before and I really don't know much of anything about them. Everything I know I've either found out on ecoustic message boards or from my sister's boyfriend who just gave me a Rockford Fosgate 800a2.

It's an 800 watt 2 channel amp. I have the amp, a 1 farad RF capacitor, 2 12" JL audio w3v2 4 ohm subs, i just ordered a sealed box, and i also just ordered a wiring kit- SCOSCHE AKPA-41. It is a 4 Gauge Single Amplifier Wiring Kit 800 Watt EFX 4 gauge single amp power and audio wiring kit.

It comes with 17 ft EFX-2 clear jacket, spiral shielded OFHC audio cable with frosted RCAs,
17 ft 4 ga. red power cable, 4 ft 8 ga. black ground cable, 17 ft blue remote turn on, AGU in-line fuse holder, and Terminals and instructions are included.

I've installed home audio systems, but never car stereo. I'm going to attempt the installation myself. Good idea? From what I hear it's pretty simple... and i have directions. I know I have to go under the carpet and stuff. That shouldn't be a problem. And that the power and RCA cables should run on opposite sides of my car.

Is there anything else I need to buy? I have some caulk to seal the subs to the box. I have the head unit and everything in already.

I think I still have to buy a fuse. What kind of fuse should I buy?

And when I hook up my subs, I believe I need to run wires from the subs to a speaker terminal port on the box. What kind of wires do I use for that?

Oh ya, important... Should I connect the subs in series or parellel? And what's the difference?

Thanks for the help!
Jeff
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us