One for the experts only

Username: Vohs83

Post Number: 1
Ok, here's the deal, I got a 2001 GMC Sierra Regular Cab HD. I can't find any good boxes specifically made for my application, and I need to build a box. Because of the limited space, its really hard to decide. I dont want to have to move the seats up more then a few clicks, and i always leave the center console down, but still want to be able to move it up. Does anyone know of any good setups for a newer GM reg cab truck? Right now I have a Kenwood Tornado 12", and a Pyramid 600 watt Crystal Amp, in a regular 12 truck box, and its just not cuttin it. I want to spend at most 3 or 4 hundred on a new amp and sub if I have to. I was looking at a 10" massive sub, but dont know what amp, plus I dont even know if the massive will fit. I want the truck to rumble, all it does now is punch. I hate how my 12 distorts after the volume is about half way up. If anyone has any idea's for this please let me know.

Another thing is that there is limited space under the seats, my 600watt barely fits underneath my drivers seat now.

GM needs to make they're reg cab bigger. I designed a box for my buddy in his 1998 Dodge Ram reg cab, and we fit 2 15's in it with a prefect spot for the amp by the center console.
But the dodge doesn't have anything in the way, so we could make the box tall. The GMC has a plastic lip at about 14"'s up from the floor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us