Help with amps and subs

jay
im a dumbass i need help how many watts would a amp need to move 2 1000 watt subs
and when they say like for example a sub has 500 watts but 1000 watt peak what do you have to do to get it to the peak

Anonymous
in actuality the peak power isn't what you should be concerned with because,the peak power is the maximum that the speaker will handle at the point of blowing out, its the (rms) that the speakers have that you should be concerned about say if the rms on the speakers is 500 watts rms then you would need an amp with at least 775 watts to push the two speakers. Take into consideration the differences between a mono block amp and a 2 channel amp the monoblock is a much better amp because you'll get more out of it than a two channel but you want to look at brands too the best subs out right now are jl audio,alpine type r's , bazukas (the 1000)watt ones and the mtx 8000 series

say if i had 3 Sony XS-L1246, what kind of amps do you think i should use that will have a great sound

brad lieberman
if i have a home system thats runs a steady 220 watss with 2 500 watt subs and a friend of mine is sellin a memphis car amp 600 watts could i run the amp with my home sytem and if not y and if so how

hey, i have two Pioneer IMPP, and i need to get a amp thatll push em there 600 peak, so i need something thatll make em thump... any ideas on a amp?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us