~~~~ALPINE 7995~~~~

Anonymous

I have the headunit and under setup there is an option for HI-FI or normal, the instruction booklet doesnt say anything about it and also there what can you make the fuction key do?

Its never mentioned anywhere

thanks for the help

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 21
hifi, normal, and stable are for Tuner settings.
HiFi is for best sound quality.
normal is used if you get some noise in the tuner
stable is to eliminate more noise, usually for fringe area reception.

it's all in the manual.
I have a CDA-9813 with the same setting in setup.

C
Unregistered guest
It doesnt have a stable option. It just has hi-fi, and normal. And it doesnt say anywhere what it is in my manual. Also Glasswolf, what is the best way the set your gains on an amp without the use of a meter????

Post Number: 41
without a scope and meter, you can use Totoro's gain setting CD images, and do it by ear. here:
http://totoro.efiregate.net/HTMLPages/Tuning/GainSetting/GainSetting.htm

Username: Chippa

Post Number: 1
Is it worth it to buy a scope or a meter and can you put a link for them?????

Post Number: 46
a digital multimeter (good one) by Fluke is going to cost you anywhere from $200 to $800.
A Tektronix Oscilloscope in the 200MHz range will cost you around $3,600
You may find cheaper ones used on eBay though. That's just the ballpark new price.
It's very worth the expense if you're an electrical engineer (which I am) or you use the equipment on a daily basis. If you're talking a one time deal, then no it's cheaper to pay a professional to do it for you.
Best of luck!

Post Number: 47
sorry, I forgot the links.. here:

Fluke Automotive Multimeters
http://www.cartools.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=001&Catego ry_Code=FLU

Tektronix TDS360 Oscilloscope, 200MHz, 2CH, 1GS/s
http://www.avalontest.com/shop/tektronix_tds360_av_.htm

Post Number: 4
Thanks Wolf.....Both of those are way out of my price range. I think I'll just do it by ear. Or will that be wayyy wrong??? The way I always kinda did it was to turn the gains all the way down. Then, turn the HU to a LOUD listening level. Next, turn the front gain up until the speakers distort a bit. Then turn it back down just a bit. Then the fronts are done. And for the rears, just turn the gain up until you can barely hear that the rears on there. Is that right or terribly wrong??? Also with both of my gains on my Eclipse 4-ch amp all the way down, the music is still fairly loud when I turn the HU up. Is that normal????

Post Number: 60
ehh that's one way to do it, but if you have a CD burner, just go to that Totoro site and grab the two CD images. Write those MP3s to audio CD, and use those along with the directions.
they have clipping tracks for setting gains and walk you through it. It's not too hard to do, and no special equipment needed. It's still doing it by ear, so to speak, but the CDs give you reference material to judge by.

Post Number: 5
Thanks wolf! I work on it some more today

Post Number: 9
Anybody else have this HU????

Post Number: 14
I've had this unit for about 3 weeks now and I totally love it. I haven't messed with the time correction yet, but that seems like a needed feature for the audiofiles. I've heard things with this deck that I have not heard with any other HU. I totally recommend it!

Unregistered guest
i read someone talking about setting the gains with a meter. I went on my ear on my alpine v12 amps and it's a pain. I have a multimeter i got for next to nothing but don't know how to use it to adjust the gains and test my 2 farad stiffening capacitor and such. maybe glasswolf might be of some help.

Post Number: 600
you'll need a true-RMS multimeter, and an oscilloscope if you want to do it that way.

I gave a link a few posts earlier in this thread for gain setting guides though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us