About my speakers

after comparing many choices of head units i decided i wanted a Alpine CDA-9813. the truth is i don't really know much about car sterio systems. i found this head units on the internet for $267 and i want to spend about $300 on a head unit. is this a good pick? if it is wut seakersshould i be lookin for? i have no idea how to match up speakers to head units. do I need an amp for front and rear speakers? if i don't is it a good idea to get amps? i would like to spend near $200 on the speakers if possible. thnx in advance.

Anonymous

let me help you a little bit. that is a good HU, but for that price, you can get an Eclipse HU which is much much better. top of the line actually. how much are you planning on spending on speaker? go for Jl audio components for the front and coaxials for the rear, and the JL 300/4 amp will send 75W rms to all the speakers. that system will be baddass!

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 219
I have a 9813 myself. very good head unit, and it plays MP3 and WMA CDs. The Eclipse is a terrific brand as well, but requires an additional, and rather expensive module in order to accept MP3 CDs. Something to consider if price is a factor for you.

As for speakers, the Vdrive amp in that 9813 should be find for front/rear speakers till/unless you decide to add an amplifier later. a good 4 channel amp is around $300+ (Kicker KX300.4 or JL Audio 300/4)

For speakers, look at CDT (www.thezeb.com) or Infinity Kappas. For the price, they are some of the best components you'll find.
I use the Infinity Kappa Perfects with my 9813.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us