What a Rip OFF

Username: Trancein305

Hialeaj, Fl Usa

Post Number: 3
I went to JMC International Inc. here in Miami They install car sytems. They were charging me to install my sony amp rockford 301s amp with my sony head unit and my two alpine subs. with cheap wires for 360 dollars. I was like WTF!! they must include platinum wires!! What a rip. I mean come on they wanted 360 doallrs just to wire and install a system. No wonder it was empty when i got there? Senor Stereo Here in Miami was charging me 140 for everything i still think it s a RIP OFF!!
- - - - whats a fair with good wires?

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 580
Do it yourself for less then 40.00 bucks and some time.

Bronze Member
Username: Jeremyc

Kunsan AfbSouth Korea

Post Number: 24
This is advice for anyone paying someone to install a stereo. Ask to see some of their work. Or ask if you can look in their install bay. High end stereo shops charge around 40 an hour. The really good ones will soder and shrink tube all conections (no crimp conectors). If you think someone is trying to over charge you, have them break down the price per component. Here is my price chart to give you an idea what to look for. Keep in mind I work out of my home, so I don't pay any overhead.

deck 35
amp 50
second amp 25 (wires all ready ran for first amp)
subs 40

These prices are for basic work, in an standard car. Custom work I charge by the hour.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us