Is alpine a good pick?

after comparing many choices of head units i decided i wanted a Alpine CDA-9813. the truth is i don't really know much about car sterio systems. i found this head units on the internet for $267 and i want to spend about $300 on a head unit. is this a good pick? if it is wut seakersshould i be lookin for? i have no idea how to match up speakers to head units. do I need an amp for front and rear speakers? if i don't is it a good idea to get amps? thnx in advance.

I myself have a CDA-9813. Fantastic choice for a head unit.
This model has Alpine's Vdrive amplifier built in, which supplies 27WRMS x 4 (60Wx4 max) and requires a 10AWG line run directly to the car's battery for main power. very loud, clean power for an internal amplifier.
The head unit also allows the internal amp to be turned off when using the 3 sets of 4V pre-outs with amplifiers.

speakers.. look at CDT. they make terrific speakers, and should do nicely for you.
thezeb dot com has a good sale on them right now.

you can also add another amplifier and subwoofers later if desired.

what speakers do u have? i see speakers like the CDT HD-642s on sale for $559. are those the kind of speakers i should get or are the CDT HD-62CFs good? they are on sale from $360 to $200. also could you tell me, how to tell what has a better frequency response? isn't 55-20kHz better than 66-20kHz?

thank you

also, what is the differnce between regular speakers and component speakers? do i want component speakers?

generally, yes the lower the response the better they'll be if you're not using a high-pass filter on them, but the alpine has that filter so they won't bottom out. just set the filter at 100Hz, 12dB/octave slope.
the 62CF are great for your system.
the components are "separates" which have the tweeter separate from the midrange driver, unlike coaxials where they are all together.
components give you more versatility in mounting location for ideal imaging, but usually require a bit of cutting to mount the tweeter.

Personally I'm using Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components because I got a good deal on them at the time, and I like the Kappa series, but they aren't cheap.
I'd seriously consider the CDTs myself if I were buying right now

i think i will get those 62CFs. would they work well for both front and rear speakers? and does it usually cost alot to install them? or would i be able to install them?

if they fit your factory locations you could probably do the work yourself with a minimum of hand tools.
they should be fine front and back.
install cost professionally is usually between $40-85 US per pair.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us