Bandbass boxes

Username: Emoney2

Boyceville, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 1
Quick Quesiton. I have a pair of MTX 6000 subs. Id like to build a bandbass box for them, but im not sure that they are made for those type of boxes because i have never seen mtx subs in any bandpass boxe and MTX doesnt even make bandpass boxes. SO i just wanna make sure that they will sound good and that the subs wont get damaged. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Post Number: 5
Little help please

Username: Audiobahn_man

Freakmont, MI

Post Number: 3
I wouldnt, i havent seent them either, and if you already have the subs, it sould say with the manual if the subs or supposed to be in a ported, sealed, or bandpass box.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 561
If your looking for any type of sq out of your subs are any kind of decent bass dont go bandpass. But if you want just sloppy straight spl then go bandpass but I would go ported.

Post Number: 6
Alright thanks for the help guys. See right now i just have a basic sealed box....but i wanna build one. I just wanted to go bandpass becasue they look cooler and would be more fun to make. So ur saying to just build a basic box and then add a couple vents. What work better then long rectangular or the ciruclar???

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 572
Well in order to build a poreted box you have to know what to tune your box to. At that time it has all to do with port size and all. Ported boxs are a little more complicated to do then a sealed box.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1227
Bandpass is extremely complicated to get right and for daily driver cars they just suck for SQ. They're all about the power handling benefit at the tuned frequency and SPL. A properly built bandpass will be tuned to the resonant frequency of the cabin to get the most gain, then allow much more mechanical power handling, that way you can get more SPL by adding tons of power at that frequency.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us