Is 10 Gauge power wire enough for this amp?

Username: Rottweiler

Sydney, Nova Scotia Canada

Post Number: 4
I just went out to buy a power wire for my Alpine MRV-100M and now I am wondering if this is going to be big enough to get the full power I can from my amp, the kit I bought has 17 feet of 10 Gauge wire in it and to me it kind of looked somewhat small compared to some other setups I have seen, mind you this isn't an extremely big amp by no means.So I was just wondering if I could get a few suggestions on if this is good enough or should I go bigger or maybe even smaller? .BTW I am going to be running Two 10" Clarion subs off this amp if that helps at all.All coments are welcome.Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 86
use 8 gauge to be on the safe side. i have a saying thicker is always better, plus you never know when you might want to upgrade, so you can save the time an effort y going thicker one time.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 558
Is this the only amp you will be running?

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 42
well 8g isn't that expensive, so i'd go with that, because if you don't have big enough cable you can start a fire by running too much power through it...

big cable is like a c0nd0m... it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it... ya know? Better safe than sorry.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us