Kicker comps or jl audio 12's

Username: 95z71

Post Number: 2
can get kicker comps vr's for 75$ a piece or jl audio 12's for 125$. should i get the kickers and have the 100$ left over to add to amp money and get badass amp or get jl audio 12's for 125 and get shitty amp???

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 555
Do you want alot of bass or good sound quality or both?

Post Number: 3
i'm looking for bass

Bronze Member
Username: Pdivvy5

CT United States

Post Number: 59
hmmm...in my opinion, i would go with the kickers and get a good amp...i dunno though, cause you could just get a shitty amp, save money, sell the shitty amp on ebay, and then buy a good amp for your JL's...

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 36
if you run the best subs in the world on a shitty amp they won't sound very good, and you'd be wasting your $$ on the nice subs.

I would go with the kickers... they are pretty highly recomended around here. and when you have a nice amp... you could still upgrade your subs later with out having to upgrade your amp and pay more $$.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 557
Go to www.proboxrocks.com and get the ported box for those 2 12s. and then get an xtant A6001T run it at 2 ohms and get 300 rms per speaker and that will boom.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1206
If you're talking the JL W0, then it's not worth the effort. They can only take 125W RMS, and whatever amp you'd have on those wouldn't be good when you upgrade subs. Those subs aren't good for SPL, anyway, they're more for SQ, they're not going to punch you in the chest. I'd do the Comp VR's and that Xtant Davids recommended or a JBL 600.1.

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 563
I like the xtant becuase then you can use the ported box and protect your woofers.

Post Number: 4
ahh i going to hold out and get both good speakers and amp and use my friends speakers and amp its 2 12" mtx roadthunders with pioneer 760watt 2 channel amp.i'm getting box for under my extended cab seat but dont know if i should go with downfiring box or not??

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 571
The kickers are a little better speaker then the mtx roadthunders. Also that xtant amp is very nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us