Jonathan....last question, and I'm done!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 81
Man I'm so freakin confused now....sh*t.

All I want is 1 or 2 12s that can use my 550w (4ohm) of power that's gonna hit hard and sound "good" for about $200 NOT including the box (which can be sealed or ported, doesn't matter). Is that too freakin hard? :-) Just kidding. I thought I had all this figured out.

Jonathan, your best suggestion for that price range please, and I'm done!!! No more freakin questions...I've got the credit card ready, just gotta punch in the numbers.

Thanks, Peace, Shalom, Bon Voyage...

FNG

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1196
Eclipse Aluminum comes to mind, just make sure to look for the SVC version, 8122.4. Great sub, I'm playing around with a 8122.DVC my brother had lying around. Put that in a slot vented box, I'd do 2-2.5 cu ft tuned from 30-35 hz, it depends on your preference. A lot of Tweeter stores (and subsidiaries) are dropping Eclipse, I'm not sure if all of them are or not (their website doesn't show Eclipse products anymore, though), but one around us is dropping them and selling floor models and such, I saw one 12" for $210 (AWESOME deal). Of course you can scour ebay and other sites, but the cheapest I saw them on a site was for $250, on www.woofersetc.com If you scour ebay, look for a Brahma as well. Either in a ported box would kick major a$$.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 82
Okay. Thanks. Now off to shop.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 83
Tweeter had the DVC for $199. Not a big deal to trade out my amp though to make it work. This a good deal right?

Also, because the JBL 600.1 doesn't have the subsonic filter ans such, is this going to be a problem with the ported box?
Would I be better off to get another amp, and if so what would do the job for about $300 or less?

Thanks Again.

FNG

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 553
If those subs are around 300 rms I would go on ebay and get the xtant A3001T. Get two of them. Ive found a guy selling them for 49.00 a piece and for two of them would be less then 130.00 shipped. With a dvc 4 ohm sub you would run each amp at 2 ohms and get 300 rms but not sure if that is enough or not. Let me know if your interested and I can get you a link for them.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 86
Well, I thinking about the Hifonics BX1000D. I can run 500w for one now and get a second later..

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 556
Good choice.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1199
Good amp. 199 for the DVC is a great deal, better than the $210 I said above. You should run a subsonic filter, I usually set it 5-10 hz below tuning, depending on the frequency.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 88
Jonathan you said "I'd do 2-2.5 cu ft tuned from 30-35 hz" that was for 1 12 right? Same dimensions for the DVC?

FNG

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1211
That was for 1 12, and that will work very well on the DVC. I'm planning on building a 2.25 cu ft net box tuned to 32 hz for mine, the sub's displacement is .19 according to Eclipse.

Bronze Member

Houston, TX

Post Number: 90
Anyone want to make a guess at how much a single 12 box should cost to have made....You don't see many prefabs with 2-2.5 cu ft. Not to mention people sonsider it like selling your soul to the devil....
Will this probox work ???
http://www.proboxrocks.com/superbass/1-12-SPB.shtml

Thanks
FNG

Silver Member

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 581
Those boxes are the bomb digity and work freakin great. Only thing is if you want sq you are gonna lack it a little but will defintely get a whole lot of bass out of that box trust me.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us