What you all think of this setup?

Username: Vab

London, Kentucky Usa

Post Number: 1
Im probably going to be making a car audio purchase sometime in the VERY near future and was wondering if this equipment looks up to par.

Rockford Fosgate 1500.1
"" 300.4 2 of them
2 12" Kicker L7's
Kicker K410 x1
Kicker K46 x1
Kicker K65.2 x1 - in Q-forms

i bought my truck with a JVC head unit that im gonna use for now. but ill probably purchase the Audio Control DQX-S, Epicenter, and HPX later on down the road when i can scrape up the money. I planned on running the 4x10's and 4x6's with 75w from one of the 300.4's and then bridging the other amp for the 6.5"'s.

what do you all think?

Anonymous

Scratch the L7's for a quality round sub. As some of the pro's have said the square subs have lots of design issues and will not last as long as a round sub. Also, sound quality is not up to par with comparable round subs.

Trade the K65 for Infinity Kappa or Perfects

Only 4x6's if you absolutely have to...

Other than that...it's fine.

Petey!

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 79
well if you run that amp in series/parallel that will leave you in a 4 ohm load which would give the amp 750 rms which is under powering the subs and if you runn it in parallel that will give you a 1 ohm load and that would make the amp clip. you need a 1 ohm stable amp. look at the jbl 1200.1 its 1 ohm stable 1200 watts rms. together those speakers have 1500 rms so that amp will give you some room to play safe with. soobarics do have a flaw with the wire that goes to the connector on the rear of the speaker, but i have only seen this happen to peopel that runb too much power too it, and too those who run streo amps to them when they should receive a mono amp. If your going to run an Epicenter make sure its the old one, the new one with the mic that measurs your spl isnt as good as the old one is

particle man
Unregistered guest
hmm sounds good to me buti dont know anything

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1187
There are a lot of problems with a Square subwoofer, cone flex, surround separation, lead slap, uneven stress points and added structural reinforcement to combat this (added mass), limited excursion, etc. Stick to round subs, look into Adire Audio and Resonant Engineering. Scratch both the 4x10s and 4x6's and the amplifier power you planned to give them, then get a more powerful amp and some better front components. Oval speakers suck for SQ as they suffer the same problems as square subs do. What's your total budget? Maybe I can steer you in a better direction.

Username: Vab

London, Kentucky Usa

Post Number: 2
im looking to spend about $3500 TOTAL... not all at once.

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 53
how much money do you have to throw around right now just for the amp, subs, and components?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us