X-x-x or brahma

Bronze Member
Username: Daven

Post Number: 59
Ive decided on either the 15" x-x-x or brahma, and im having a hard time picking. There going to be powerd with a JBL 1200.1. Both have very good sq, but witch would come ahead in SPL?

Bronze Member
Username: Jtb

Post Number: 48
From what I have gathered, the brahma has better SQ, but the X X X has more SPL. I think the difference is so little it is hard to notice, but I have only heard an X X X so I am not sure.

Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 8
my neighbors got the exact same setup, a used brahma and a used jbl 1200.1 and it hits excellent in his truck SQ and SPL, but then again ive got the X.X.X's and my system whoops his in SPL and , havent heard the 15" XX.X but im pretty sure it would be better than the brahma, X.X.X personally has better SQ but i have twelves, if u get the brahma and u have a truck be sure to downfire it, sounds tons better

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1185
The X.X.X subs have the SPL edge. SQ is always subjective, but to quote Dan Wiggins, the Brahma is a good sounding sub that gets loud. The X.X.X. is a loud sub that sounds good. I'd say a pretty good description of the difference. There is always the Brahma Extreme :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Daven

Post Number: 60
"Brahma is a good sounding sub that gets loud. The X.X.X. is a loud sub that sounds good."

Very good way to put it, thanks for the help everyone, Looks like ill be going with the X X X.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us