CDA-9833 vs. CDA-9835

Username: Jwl1387

Post Number: 10
I am actually goin to purchase a head unit soon so please help me as quick as possible...I read Specs on both and they seem exactly alike but price is like 100 bucks cheaper for the 33, so can someone tell me the huge diffrence between these 2? I know the 35 is black and white display, is this the only diffrence? and i like colors on the display is the 33 all color display? please help me ASAP, i want to purchase it tonight so it ships to me by the end of the week and i can finally hook up my system...Thanks Everyone

Bronze Member
Username: Sixstar

Post Number: 33
They are EXACTLY the same. the 33 is NOT a full color display. it is Blue, Orange, and White. Not as much fun as it sounds. It isn't the COLOR that is different, its the lettering. The 33 uses normal pixels, so a 4 looks like an A, a 5 looks like an S, and a 0 looks like an O.

The 35 uses, well, smaller pixels basically, and words look more like they are spelt.

I don't like the 33, personally. I don't know how the 35 glows in the dark, but I could never find a nice contrast for the 33, so I turn the display off (blackout) when its dark.

Another problem is that the 4 buttons (on both mind you), are naturally blue (when its off). So if its sunny outside, and you have the red buttons, it kinda looks pink. So I switch mine from Blue during the day, to red (to match my car) at night.

If you are debating prices, you should go with the 33, the 35 isn't worth it. Save the extra cash and spend it on speakers or something. If you have everything you want already, and would just like the some extra money so you can buy more weed, get the 35, it looks a bit cooler.

Username: Macca127

Post Number: 2
Matt is right get the 33. I purchased the 35 and it's not worth the extra money for the display. and if youi read the manual carefully, they say that the visual effects, background displays, can actually effect system performance. Plus, another thing they dont tell you is that you cant get a xm receiver for these units. do i smell RIPPOFF?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us