Big subs

Anonymous

What is the biggest subs they make and how much.Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 355
34" sub from audiobahn. Around $3500 i think. not worth it in my opinion unless you have a lot of money to spend and you wanna tell people you have a 34" sub in your bus.lol!

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 23
I want to make an Areolight trailer into a giant sub box with 2 34"'s... and drive down the highway blowing cars off the road!

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 78
LMFAO!!!! Let me know when and where so I can video tape....from the air.

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 26
lol, if i had the money... that would be what i would do with it...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1191
Not me. Take a look at this:
http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/Dan/Parthenon/
I believe they're eventually going to produce this as a full driver, that is just a CES prototype. If not, I'd buy that motor and create a cone and surround that could possibly handle the 12" peak to peak excursion (7" linear)this thing is capable of. Of course I'd try to use an enclosure instead of using it as a dipole driver, put it in an extremely large SUV or something, lol. this would slaughter any one sub out there, that Audiobahn included. Or I could use the motor as an ejector seat lol.

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 30
Wow... now that is freakin nuts... I'd like to see what that would do if transformed to a subwoofer...

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1195
I'm waiting to see, he said a 48x48 panel is about the most you can go, not that that's small or anything. There are competitors who are going to use this driver, Scottie Johnson may pop up with one, if you keep track of him maybe you'll see it in action one of these days. I'd love to just watch 12" of peak to peak excursion, that'd be a wicked sight.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 989
oh..my..god..

12" p2p is like...god...and a MT and X-x-X and a w7 all melded into one

i wonder what the SQ will be like? lol

for a surround you'll need something like 6" in diameter lmfao rediculously huge

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1197
It's XBL^2, and he says it cranks a 7" linear excursion. Of course the cone will be so huge and the fact that it plays flat to 7 hz tells me it won't be used for higher freq. bass anyway...lol. Hey, Bacon, what's the x-max and p2p for the MT if you know? I searched around and can't find any definative answers.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Hfl, Ny Usa

Post Number: 991
i heard xmax was 45mm 1 way and p2p was about 4-5 inches

Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 10
if u wanna talk about a beast, RE audio is going to come out w/ an XMX line only in 18" and 24" and its going to have 8.9 inches of p-p x-max, WOW, the 18 runs $8,999 and the 24 runs $10,000, takes 5k watts rms, its in june edition of car audio and electronics, priceing guide

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 11
ha the mounting depth for the 18" mt is 9" and the mounting depth for the 18" xmx is 25" and the weight is 81 lbs

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 29
incorrect. they will be released in 12, 15, and 18 only. not sure about the excursion you posted but the prices are obviously insane.

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 12
it said 24" in the mag but they could be wrong, the funny thing tho is it said they could be used for sq

Bronze Member
Username: Cbigchrisb

Post Number: 31
yeah, too cool to see an 24 inch with sq. what magazine did you see this in?

Bronze Member

Arizona

Post Number: 13
june edition, car audio and electronics
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us