Vmax vs shiva wich is better

Bronze Member
Username: Heavyb

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 40
i want to get 2 of one of these two subs. what do both of the subs offer. in what ways is one better than the other. wich one should i get

Anonymous

Both nice subs, Shiva beats the VMAX on SQ, and they are about even in SPL, VMAX might take it there though. I would probably get two shivas. But if you are going to spend money on two shivas you can spend $100-150 more and get a single Brahma or X X X, which would be better than two shivas. Both of those subs have awesome SQ and SPL. If you want strictly SQ I would go with an IDMAX, which would run you about the same as two shivas. Also you need a certain type of amp to run two shivas. You would need a 1 channel amp because they are SVC 8 ohm.

Bronze Member
Username: Redskin

LondonEngland

Post Number: 68
Shivas are 8ohm DVC. So if you are running 2 and all coils and subs are in parrallel you'll need an amp that is 2ohm stable mono or if you've only got a stereo unbridgable amp wire the voice coils in parrallel to give each channel a 4ohm load.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 42
okay would i be better to run 3 vmax or 2 shivas. also what is better for things like customer service and reliability. please these subs are the last thing i need fot my system

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 410
It really just depends on your space. I have 2 12" V-Max and they sound great. The Shivas do have alittle better SQ though. Only downside to the shiva that I can think of would be space. The V-maxes will run great in a 1cf sealed box with about 1 pound of polyfill in the box with each sub. Good Luck

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 43
oh i have almost unlimited space, pathfinder so that is no issue what is better. louder and cleaner

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 411
I would get the V-maxes again if I had to but thats just me. The Shivas will give you what you are looking for go with them. Oh and what type of amp are you going to use to power them? If you don't have one yet look at a JBL 600.1. The Shivas or DVC 8 ohm so wire the subs parallel then parallel to the amp so you get a 2 ohm load.

Bronze Member

Hopkins, Sc Usa

Post Number: 44
how does your system sound because i may get 2 vmaxes. how loud and hows the sq with the kappas or are thay kappa perfects

Silver Member

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 417
I have the Kappa perfects. They V-Maxxes are great they have great SQ and the SPL is great also they are very nice subs for the money. They was hitting 142.8dBs last time they were metered so thats pretty good for a truck. You will prolly get more because you have a SUV. You will be happy with them IMO 3 would be even better. Good Luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us