Jonathan, FNG, glasswolf and others

erik123456
Unregistered guest
got another quick ? for you

jbl 1200 amp sounds like a great deal around 220 on ebay new

are there any better or more reliable amps in this price range and is this amp as good as people say for the money?

also would it be able to push 2 12s or would I have to get 2?

the current setup im looking at is an
eclipse 3434 head unit
diamond audio silk components
some amp for the components
the jbl 1200
2 12's
of either eclipse aluminums, jl w6, diamond tdx, re triple X, or adire but in texas where im at its harder to find re and adire stuff

any comments suggestions revisions are welcome especially on the amps and subs

im guessin id be around 1500 + install

Anonymous

Do you want to best SQ possible? If so I would go with a single IDMAX, it will run at around $300-350. It can hit pretty well, but its SQ will astound you. You could use the 1200 on it, or you can get an amp around 600-1000 watts, something like a Hifonics Brutus. If you want great SPL and SQ, go for a single X X X. It has better SPL than the IDMAX, but the SQ is a little worse, but still awesome. I would go with a JBL or kicker amp for the components, kicker being a little better but more expensive.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
what kind of amp do you suggest for the mids and highs?

and you think i should only go with 1 12" im looking for something with good SQ but i love SPL so its gotta hit hard

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 47
Damn...47 posts and I'm already in a class with Jonathan and Glass ??? Not hardly. Thanks for the temporary ego booster. :-)

FNG

erik123456
Unregistered guest
lol well since you didnt give me any advice i take you off the esteemed list lol

Anonymous

An X X X hits HARD and has awesome SQ, so go with that. Plus it will be cool when some guy drives up with two 12"s and you outbump him with one, hehe. It will be about $400 shipped. www.reaudio.com. A JBL 1200.1 will work nice with it. You can go with a kicker multi channel amp for the components, just search for it on ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1141
Post count has nothing to do with it. You're knowledgeable :-) As far as amps for the components, it depends on what you're willing to spend, I'd give them 125-150W RMS. The Kicker 1200.1 is better, but only puts out 1200W at 1 ohm instead of 2. If you want SPL, I'd recommend the RE X.X.X. subs in a ported box, give them around 600W RMS each (like that 1200.1) and you'll be good to go.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
jbl 1200 or HiFonics 1500D ?

whats your call im bidding on ebay for a jbl right now

erik123456
Unregistered guest
this whole biz is confusing

from what i hear on these boards RE sounds like the truth, but I have never heard them

the W7 seems like the king but i dont want to pay 600 for one 12

diamonds tdx sounds nice and online you can get one with free shipping for 399 for a 15" -- would this hit harder than a 12 w7 and what kind of amp would i need to push it?

cubes wont be a problem since i have an expedition and took out the 3rd row

Anonymous

Get the X X X, just as good as W7, the X X X will hit harder than the TDX, and also the w7, don't get in a rush to buy the amp. You need to know first what kind of sub you are getting, because the impedance matters when you buy the amp. You also need to know if you are getting one or two subs.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
does anyone actually have a tripleXXX

what would the db diff be between a tripleXXX and a w7 if they were both 12s on a decent amp

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1175
Maybe a couple, it depends on what kind of box you would use on either and the vehicle it's in. I'd say the RE's would get a couple of db more, but nothing too crazy. They are cheaper, though. SQ is subjective, but I actually prefer the X.X.X., take that from a guy who used to carry JL audio.

erik123456
Unregistered guest
Are you talking about alpine RE's ?

do you carry triple X or do they only sell online, can i find them anywhere else ?

so you are saying RE's are louder than W7? i didnt understand the last post...

but as far as vehicle and box its an eddie bauer expedition and i want to get a nice ported box

erik123456
Unregistered guest
nevermind RE im retarded... i got it now

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1180
If you build the ported box to Resonant Engineering's specs on the site, tuned to 35 hz, those subs will slam. go to www.reaudio.com and go to tech, then enclosures. Yes, I meant an RE X.X.X. 12" is louder than a 12W7. We didn't carry RE, although some shops do now, I'd buy them directly from RE. just e-mail sales for information.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 149
i thought the website was www.respl.com

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1188
It changed, they've updated the site now. www.reaudio.com still has the subs, but now has the info on the component speakers, the RE and X.X.X. components. Check them out sometime, they look like they're gonna be really good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us