SONY EXPLODE 1100 watt subs??????

Unregistered guest
Hey everyone i have some technic speakers i bought at a garage sale with some nice boxes and i want to replace the speakers with some sony explodes 1100 watt 12" subs can anyone give me any idea's on how well they perform"cause my dumb dad wants me to get different speakers" well i told him well i will if u give me the money gosh i am only freakin 14 so please help me out people thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 134
well ill sell ya 2 mtx 10" road thunders for $100 canadian.! but i aint paying for no shipping fee :P

Unregistered guest
they bump fairly good ??? and how do i know they not blown???

Username: Dereckspeakers

Alamogordo, NM United States

Post Number: 1
hey if u could do u think u could send me some pics of them>?>>????

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 44
Dereck....whatever you do, don't buy Sony. How much do you want to spend?

Post Number: 5
Well i got $70 i am 14 hard to come by money at this age:-(

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 135
why whould i sell blowen subs and yes they pound
Upload

Post Number: 6
right now i have enough for one sony explode:-( If u can find me some good 12" subs on internet tell me about it for that price i want to bump this house but also want to be able to put it in my car.when i get license.

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 136
well wat country u live in? heres the website for specs http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/archive/roadthunder.cfm

Post Number: 7
They look good makeveli but they don't look like they got much cone movement which would mean they would bottom out pretty easy i have a amp that pushes 100 watts rms.

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 137
trust me they do not bottom out quickly i pushed 250watts rms thro one and it could take it easly.

Post Number: 8
I live in the usa.

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 138
i blew a 10" sony xplod with less watts then i put thro the roadthunder

Post Number: 9
Do u have msn or yahoo msnger if so can i add u and we talk about this>:>>>>????

Post Number: 10
Are lightning audio speakers any good?????

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
but ur mtx i wouldn't mind haven them but me need money and for me it hard to get soo. and for to get it here gonna cost atleast 100-200$so.

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 139
these mtx sub hit alot harder then 2 10" sony xplodes.!

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 140
heres my email purplehaze_bong@hotmail.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
my dad is an engineer and he freaks out when i get speakers he wants to build a box to get maxium performance out of sh*T soo it kinda annoying when he does that.

Anonymous

Ok..
You have practically no budget. Don't buy sony, they make bad speakers. The only thing I can really recommend to you is a Cerwin Vega Vmax... It is a little over $80 total w hen you include shipping where I am looking on ebay and it is a really nice sub for the money. You could power it with 100 rms... but 100rms won't make any speaker hit that hard, no matter how good it is. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803&item=5714467202&rd= 1

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 46
Derek,

You can also try these

Rockford Fosgate Punch 12" Runs off 150w RMS $66 Shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39779&item=5714467525&rd= 1

Kicker Comp 12" Also runs off 150W RMS $53 Shipped
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777&item=5713815471&rd= 1

better than what you can get at Circuit City or Best Buy in that price range.

The VMAX mentioned above is better but these are still better than the Sony stuff.

FNG

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
anymore......

Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 1
derek, i was exactly like u at 14, wanting to buy subs and amps and everything, but what i did was just saved up cash, asked for i.o.u.'s at christmas and my b-day and now have an excellent sound system, be thankful ur dad wants to build u a box, me and my neighbor built mine and trust me, it is unbelievably harder than it looks, just stay away from anything to cheap, cuz if its to good to be true it probably is, my neighbor has a used 15" Brahma and a used Jbl 1200.1 powering it, and an alpine deck that came with his car, his system hits 150 dbs and he only paid something like $400 for his system, alls im really saying is $70 cant take far, just be patient and it will all pay off trust me

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
If i have enough money left over from buying my new comp i am going to buy some nice as$ speakers what is best brand running out their right now for db??? in price range for 200-400$ a speaker??????

Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 2
for db which im thinking u mean spl, probably its going to be the RE MT from what i hear, for a 15" it's $465 (i havent heard one tho), i dont think you will want one of those though, i dont even think those are supposed to be used as daily drivers id suggest a 15" X.X.X, ive got 3 12's and believe me those will blow your mind literally, those pound so unbelievably hard and maintain very good quality while doing it, i would have been happy with 1, but hey why not 3, a 12" is $405 shipped

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1147
The MT would be a poor sub for an everyday driver, , SQ wasn't in the design emphasis, maximum SPL at all costs was. This sub isn't going to be musical, it's just an all out SPL monster. It also doesn't come with a warranty. The X.X.X. is an excellent sub and one 12" could definately suit most peoples SPL needs, especially vented.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Can i get anymore info on sony?? plz

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Are poweracuostics anygood i found some i kinda like dunno they anygood but they push spl 92decabealls

Anonymous

dereck please listen to the brands we recommend you. poweracoustics aren't that good, and you don't need anymore info on sony they suck. Get VMAXs or something FNG linked.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Ok dang lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 22
Only thing about accoustics i am looking at it gets more SPL then the dang vmax

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 68
Man listen to everyone else sony sucks, they handle no where near the mnetion power that is stated on them, check out the kicker comp vr

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1189
It does not. You're looking at the SPL 1W/1M rating, which is what SPl the sub puts out with 1 watt of power, this does NOT tell you how loud the sub will get. It's an efficiency rating, and Power Acoustic isn't a trusted company and probably tested with 2.83V and closer distance or some other method than 1W/1M. X-Max and surface area are a good way to guess a general SPL output, as well as volume of displacement (Vd) specs. Efficiency (SPL) rating is not.

Bronze Member
Username: Jessejames

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 28
The only thing you need to know about sony is that it sucks, and don't buy it... and who ever asked about the 'Lightning audio' get real... that's probably the worst sub you could possibly buy. Any thing that you can pick up at walmart for $30 is crap... Do your self a favor, and be patient. IT's better to save your money and buy 1 really nice quality sub than to buy a ton of crappy ones... you're just wasting money. Listen to these people, the VMAX is a good sub for the $$...

Bronze Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 73
These guys are knowlegable trust them they know what they are talking about and yes whatever you do stay away from sony subwoofers.

thanks,

in search of bass

Anonymous

lightning audio is not a really bad sub, i had two 10s in my car and you could here them from 2 blocks away, you just need the right amount of power and a good box and most subs will sound good. the sq was not the greatest but it sounded fairly good

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 33
I've never known anyone that gave any thing made by lightning audio a good review... Though, i've never heard them in person, because no one is gonna buy them things...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?cat=3947&dept=3944&product_id=2606843 &path=0%3A3944%3A3947%3A96481%3A38981

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 156
The newer lighting audio subs arent that good at all, i hooked a pair of 10's up to my receiver in my room because i know a kid who works at walmart so he let me cop them with his discount there, blew them both in a day, only able to run 75 watts to them, if you can find the old ones, they are pretty desent subs, my buddy has a pair of em in his basement and they can kick pretty damn hard, i can hear them outside...

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 40
Well that's kool, how long ago were they made?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 159
couple years, like 99-01, somewhere around there, they can handle alot so if you can find some, try ebay,

Bronze Member

NB, PA USA

Post Number: 44
what other subs do the compare to? like sq-spl, and general quality...?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us