Help with subwoofer

Username: Nalej85

Grand Prairie, Tx USA

Post Number: 9
What subwoofer would be better overall?The Kicker SoloX 12 inch or a JBL 15 inch from the GTi series?

Anonymous

Round = Good

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Post Number: 351
As much as I like the KickerSoloX I'd say go with the JBL. Inless you have a ton of money to blow and you want to get the SoloX then get it, but for the amount of good clean power it needs to make it move it's not worth it in my book for a daily driver. Get the JBL and you should be satisfied if all you want is some bass. What kind of music do you listen to and what kind of bass do you want?

Grand Prairie, Tx USA

Post Number: 10
I listen to stuff from Lil Jon to Stevie Wonder to Linkin Park & Evanesence.I want bass where people can hear me almost 2 blocks away but also clean bass that doesnt drown out the words of a song. i have a 92 Buick Park Avenue(imagine 94-98 caddilac deville)and want one sub that has impact of 2 .Keep in mind I'm a new daddy, and although i have a big trunk,some of it will go to baby stroller.Thanks for input

Bronze Member

Grand Prairie, Tx USA

Post Number: 14
How is the Kicker Solobaric L7 15 inch thats rated at 1000 watts rms?

Anonymous

my friend has a 15" L7 and it "produced" massive spl until it completly fell apart, literally. he was only running about 600 watts rms to it. he had it professionally installed and he had it running for about 5 months. so it wasn't an instalation error. my advice would be to stick witha round sub, they will last much longer and have much more sq. i would go with a brahma 15"(www.adireaudio.com) or a re triple x 15"(www.reaudio.com). but thats just my personal opinion. both of those subs r around 400 dollars. and will give you the spl of a 15" L7 and have much better sq.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us