Y can t i feel the bass

Anonymous

my bass is way louder than all my freinds except when theres hits i can feel it in my chest and throat a bit but i cant im mine any ideas on y this is

Silver Member
Username: Pat_l

Tucson, AZ USA

Post Number: 457
Well, either you need to turn it up louder or set something. But my inital thought is that your subs are not in a good position. In other words you shoud try tilting and moving you box around in the trunk ofr where ever to get the best sound.

Bronze Member
Username: Dereckspeakers

Alamogordo, NM United States

Post Number: 20
Or ur sound coould be hitting subsonic sounds which means it is too low of a frequency to hear it but u can feel it :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 131
subsonic sounds are NOT good for your sub....hence a subsonic filter

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1151
Try letting the seat down or venting the rear deck if your subs are in a trunk. Like Pat said, experiment with position of the subs. You could possibly have a lot of factory sound deadening between the trunk and cabin and the pressure from the subs may not be able to come into the cabin. Also, try reversing the phase of the subs so that they hit in phase with the components up front (this can make a very large difference) and also check your crossover point.

Anonymous

its in a n suv

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1157
Try the other things I mentioned, it should work. Tell me if anything improves. What kind of equipment are you running?

Bronze Member
Username: Joe718

Post Number: 75
well truck bass always will sound harderbecasue its open space. in a car thers less space for air to move so you will feel it more in a car than in a truck. What setup are you using, it might come down to buying a hier powered system

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1163
It's in an SUV. I think you misread trunk as truck.

Anonymous

4 kicker comp vr 12s directed 1500d pioneer 6500

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 1168
I'm assuming you're running a 1 ohm load. That amp is 1200W RMS at 1 ohm, 1500 is their "dynamic" rating, so you're underpowering the subs a tad. If your subs are sealed, then you could consider a ported enclosure if you could fit it. If the SUV is large, it'll be quieter, understand that hatchbacks are going to be louder than SUV's due to less air to be compressed. It's just a fact. Comp VR's aren't the best SPL subs, anyway, also the subs might not be as responsive and "tight" as your friends subs are, which contributes to the punch in the chest factor. You would have been better off getting two higher excursion 12's or 15's in ported boxes. I see a lot of people buy as many cheap subs as they can get to get some SPL, not realizing that they could have spent the same or less on 2 subs that are better and would require the same or less power than the 4 subs would, get more SPL out of them and use less power. Check the crossover. Higher frequencies tend to be tighter and punch you in the chest more, and you may have the crossover set where your subs won't produce this. I don't recommend setting higher than 100 hz, (usually 80 hz or lower). Have you tried what I've recommended above?

Anonymous

ive bought wood to build a ported box but i havent got around to it yet...im havin trouble figuring out how to make the box fit but ill get it sooner or later....thanks for all the advice tho

<

Bronze Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 66
when without space call upon insulation hehe 1 inch equals about 10 percent boost in internal volume no more than three inches.

thanks,

in search of bass

Bronze Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 67
ps....higher frequencies seem to produce more punch so i agree with johnathan.

thanks,

in search of bass
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us