IDQ

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 193
Hi. I am interested in buying an Image Dynamics IDQ12 D4 V.2 sub. I currently have an MTX amp that pushes 300RMS. I was wondering what size sealed box I should make for it to sound the best, im looking for a good mix of good sound quality and SPL. On the site it says 0.55-1.0 and that is a huge difference.

Also how much better do you think this will sound in a good box compared to 2 12" SOny Xlpods running off the same amp. THanks

Bronze Member
Username: Invain

Post Number: 49
Well anything will sound better than the sony's.

Bronze Member
Username: Daven

Post Number: 41
Those subs sound pretty good with about 600w, the sq is still great, and its MUCH louder.

Silver Member
Username: Iamduff_87

Michigan America!

Post Number: 194
they can only handle listed 350RMS so maybe 400. 600 would prolly melt the voice coils. anyway does anyone have these or has had these?? if so what did you think of these subs??

also where can I find them for a good price and would 1 be enough since im not looking for super loud SPL.

Anonymous

Nice SQ sub.. look for them on ebay first, then go to http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=0&1=0&3=1468 if you can't find them on ebay. 300 rms would be ideal for them. The less space the enclosure has the tighter it will be, the bigger it is the more bandwidth you will get. I would put it in about .75 sealed

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 49
actually, they have them on www.carmedia1.com for $139 + shipping or 159.99 Shipped at www.audio-n-more.com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
"they can only handle listed 350RMS so maybe 400. 600 would prolly melt the voice coils. anyway does anyone have these or has had these?? if so what did you think of these subs??

also where can I find them for a good price and would 1 be enough since im not looking for super loud SPL."

yes they are listed for 350, but ive had one at 600 for about a year now. Go and read some reviews, sevral people have put 600 into them with no problems, and they really get up there as far as spl goes while maintaining great SQ.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Forgot to say what i thought about them... I started with a 12, but went to the 15 version, I didnt care much for the 12 (not loud enough for me) but the 15 really does wonders, type in " IDQ reviews" in google and read some reviews. They are AMAZING SQ and spl subs.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
http://www.carreview.com/Subwoofers/Image%20Dynamics/PRD_22359_1808crx.aspx (hehe sorry for all the post, need to think more about all i want to put in one :/)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us