Looking for a 1 ohm stable 1200 watt monoblock

Bronze Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 60
I'm probably gonna take my time on getting this so I want to know the best possible 1 ohm stable 1200 watt rms amp I can get. Within reason of course, I don't want to pay a grand for an amp of course. This along with the new box I plan to build will be finishing touches on my system so I want to make sure that it will last and put out a good, strong, and "clean" signal. Basically something dependable, and willing to pay around 500-600 for it since I'm not gonna try to rush out and buy it right away.

Bronze Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 91
you could go with a kicker 1200.1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5716198328&rd= 1

or

phoenixgold 1200.1 xenon has better crossover both have subsonic filters

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5716302248&rd= 1&ssPageName=WDVW

i didnt look for cheapest price on these amps so look around. There are cheaper one onm amps but i dont think they will be a reliable. Open to anyone elses recommendations but these are two i thought of right away.

thanks,

in search of bass

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4409
1200 watts at how many ohms?

Robert J
Unregistered guest
kicker is not a 1ohm stable amp. Look at JL, mmat, memphis has a 1100rms amp. but brands like jbl kicker alpine rockford don't come in 1ohm stable. Well alpine may have a 1ohm stable amp but i think it would be a digital and prob way out of your price range.

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 612
That kicker is stable at 1 ohm just to let you know. Also check out the jbl 1200.1

Kicker
Unregistered guest
in fact it is stable at 1ohm. I've had one for about 4 months, nothing went wrong....yet.

Username: Kaosr

Post Number: 2
I would suggest an Orion HCCA 2100.Its a older amp but probably still the best amps to this Day.Check out the history of the Old HCCAs the can drop to .5 stable and be over driving you subs. Depending on how you wire it.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 4424
the Orion 225hcca is .5 ohm stable stereo. 1 ohm stable bridged.

the Orion 2100hcca is 1 ohm stable stereo, 2 ohm stable bridged. bridged, the 2100hcca puts out 800wRMS x 1 @ 2 ohms.

the kicker 02KX1200.1 puts out
1200 watts x 1 @ 1 ohm
600 watts x 1 @ 2 ohms

Username: Tightend83

Post Number: 1
i have 1 12 inch kicker L7 at a 2dvc ohm load and i have a mtx 1501d i want to know if i can run the sub at 2ohms or if i will have to run it at 4ohms because the amp is not 1 ohm stable, what should i do?

Bronze Member
Username: Boopers

Lima, Ohio United states

Post Number: 63
2ohm dvc can only be run at 1 or 4 ohms

Bronze Member
Username: Topedgeonline

Montrose, Colorado United States

Post Number: 16
Check out the JBL BPX1100.1
It puts out 1022 Watts RMS x 1 channel at 1 ohm, with < 1% THD
http://www.topedgeonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=10093
Call and ask for Mark. Could probably get this amp down around your $600 budget.

Visitor#78
Unregistered guest
Mr Meiners, your advertising crap is getting old. Not to mention your prices suck. The amp you mentioed above can be found for $477 shipped HERE: http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1653 and I didn't even look hard for it. Why would anyone pay "down around $600" to buy it from you? I didn't even look on ebay.....

Bronze Member
Username: Topedgeonline

Montrose, Colorado United States

Post Number: 20
Visitor#78, Is that an authorized dealer? I don't think so. Most of the items sold on ebay are sold without the manufacturers approval and don't come with a full 1 year warranty. MAP price on this amp is $999.95. Which is the minimum advertised price you are suppose to advertise this amp at. $477 is the price not shipped, and I'm not sure how this is possible when the 2004 dealer pricing cost is higher than this. I called ikesound to check this out and couldn't get through to anyone.
I'm not asking you to buy anything from us. I simply provided a link to the product, just like a link to a product on ebay.

Visitor#999
Unregistered guest
What difference does it make to me weather or not they are an authorized dealer? Price matters. The same Company's ebay store has this item for $450 + 22.95 shipping. If they offer me a 1 yr warranty (which I have bought several things from and they are great to deal with. Even offered a better product once for the same money after being out of stock) then I'm fine. You don't just list links, you say Buy from me and I'll get you 30% off at least. I'll take a pizza and some Beer with that and your "Free" shipping.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1479
Mark, it is extremely disrespectful to come onto a forum provided by a car audio dealer and advertise your website. You wouldn't like it if I posted a "woofersetc.com" or "acaraudio.com" banner across the top of your website, so why do it to this one? It's also very aggravating to see you come to every thread and advertising your mediocre products and soso prices. If you want to advertise specials, do so legitimately through paying for advertisements, or provide a forum on your own website and post to your hearts content. We come to this forum to provide useful advice to problems, and to recommend products that will work best for the person's situation, not to advertise our businesses and try to make a quick buck. I too have owned an audio shop in the past, although not online, but I have never advertised any of our product specials to people on this forum because I have the common decency to respect who this forum is provided by. If you want to provide sincere help and unbiased advice, then that's perfectly ok and you're more than welcome to do so. If you choose to continue to advertise in the manner that you have been, then I will be more than happy to email the administrator and stop this problem, as your badgering of the members of this forum has been aggravating and will become even more so. You've also lost potential customers as people such as above have already been turned off of by your business practices.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us