Problem with fosgate amp

Username: Deadguy

Post Number: 2
I'm running a Fosgate 600 watt 2-channel amp with 2 old Kicker Comp 12's hooked up parallel off a crappy aiwa HU (cuz my $500 pioneer 8500 got stolen last week)

anyways when i turn my gain up a little over a quarter of the way my subs start thumping like crazy (not with the music but a constant pulsating) and even with the volume all the way down

i have redone my ground because i knew that might have been part of the problem

since rewiring my ground i tested it with my multimeter and i get excellent continuity.

i have no idea what would cause this...any ideas?

Post Number: 3
i did notice messing with it some more that there is a slight hum in my subs with the volume all the way down..as well as the gain on the amp.....makes me think

i guess this weekend i will run a 4-gage power lead and see if that helps any

Silver Member
Username: Davids2004

Houston, TX USA

Post Number: 508
Turn your gains down some. Also may want to run your RCAS opposite of your power wire.

Post Number: 4
rca's arent near the power wires...and i still get the hum with the gain and volums all the way down (atleast i noticed all that 2night)

Post Number: 5
well throught further investigation i have concluded that the left channel rca input on my amp is causing the noise

guess i will hold out until i can afford another amp and probably go ahead and replace my kickers
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us