JVC or Pioneer?

Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 4
Ive already got 2 12" directeds and a directed 750d class D amp in the back. What do I get up front if I have 200 bucks to spend (including installation)? I was thinkin JVC KDG300. But I haven't heard great things about JVC. And lastly, does it even matter what kind of head unit I get as long as its aftermarket and not sickeningly crappy?

Anonymous

Go with a pioneer, there 2nd only to Alpine when it comes to HU's. You can get a base model or maybe a step above base model for $200 with install.

Anonymous

Obviously you haven't heard of Eclipse, Clarion, Nakamichi??? Of course those aren't in that price range. Maybe Clarion.

Bronze Member
Username: Caraudiofng

Houston, TX

Post Number: 22
Most people aren't big fans of Circuit City, but their Alpine HUs are sold Installed. For the money I don't think you can beat this Alpine 9825. It's got 3x 4.v pre outs. Allows you to control your subwoofer output seperately from the bass control. Check it out.

The 9827 is 199.99
http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8864&qp=0&oid=86198&m= 0

FNG

Anonymous

The best thing about JVC which I wish more HU makers would do is the "One-Touch" track selection. Your station presets also act as a direct track selector when a CD is in. No pushing buttons foward or backwards to get to your favorite track. It only works for tracks 1-12 but it's a cool feature. Other than that, there are far better brands for sure

Username: Blindc1rca

Post Number: 5
Right. I guess I asked the question wrong. All I want is an amp good enough to support my subs and amp (which are listed in my first message). An audio system is only as good as it's weakest part, so I guess my question isñ Would a JVC KDG300 be detrimental to my sub amp setup?

Thanks for the comments though because if I had the money I would without a doubt be going with some of your suggestions.
If I get bad replies about the JVC ill gladly put up another 50 for that alpine that was suggested.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us