Which in-dash DVD players and in-dash screens are good and cheap

Unregistered guest
i have seen alot of DVD players everywhere for sale, so many brands that i cant pick from... i seen some for a couple of hunders and some for over 2000... what im looking to spend is barely any cash...
i seen a 7" in-dash LCD on ebay for about $199US but i cant really remember the brand, its nothing famous like pioneer or alpine etc.
and i seen a BOSS in-dash DVD player unit for about $99US on ebay...
but i dont know how good they are, i dont want to spend another $1000 on top just to have a little bit of more quality display... but as long as the LCD has a pretty decent picture, and the DVD player plays original and burnt DVDs and doesnt skip too much, i think i would be happy enough... well and gotta have some kinda decent sound too..

any suggestions?
im wiling to spend upto $400US on a complete in-dash DVD system... i got 2 empty dins in my car.

thanx

Username: Audioplus

USA

Post Number: 2
Make sure you read EVERYTHING on those Ebay auctions.. Most arnt the actual item but information on how to get electronics cheap, which is all bogus... ive got a few connections on indash tvs.. 650 for a NEW fully motorized, TV, DVD, MP3, CD-R, 7.5 inch LCD. All iternals are made by Panasonic but the unit dosnt say Panasonic on it. Also i think 650 for a refurbished Pioneer 7.5. Dont rember if it is the touch screen one or not. Let me know. AudioPlus@gmail.com

Unregistered guest
I am thinking about purchasing this one on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26%26item%3D5720185155&ssPageName= STRK:MEWA:IT

Looks VERY cool!

ThreeD
Unregistered guest
I don't know why the link isn't working, but just go to eBay and search for item #5720185155

Bronze Member
Username: Ps1k0

Post Number: 71
looks good for a cheap indash dvd/lcd combo.
you did see that it needs a double din opening right? <meaning>

just remember, you get what you pay for.
good luck.

Username: Wolfdog22us

Post Number: 9
If going for a in dash DVD player, try to spend a little extra money. Go for quality with a good warranty. Also since its a DVD player, go for Dolby Digital / DTS compatible. Better sound quality than just Pro Logic.

Anonymous

If it's good, it isin't cheap.
If it's cheap, let someone else buy it.

That's my motto.

Unregistered guest
This post wont let me post my real name in the box when composing so my name is Ryan by the way... I want a in dash system and not sure if this is a good deal.. its 900.00 and its a Jensen In-Dash TV/DVD Multimedia A/V Receiver with 7" Widescreen Monitor. Its brand new, warrenty costs 100.00 for 4years covers everything. It also has the TV tuner built in and stuff.. the only thing Im not sure about is that it only gives 18 watts per channel which right now I am running an amp to my main head unit which would be switched over would that all work out still? HOpefully someone can help me out. E-mail me at socrboxrman@sbcglobal.net instead if you can cause I cant always get on this site from work. But I guess Im just wondering if one thats a good deal or not, I can give you all the details about it too if you want them, and then two Im wondering if the 18watts per channel will make a big deal if I take out my deck now and replace it with this and move the amp to this in dash system.. Or should I get a in dash system that has 50 watts per channel? I duno hopefully someoe can help me out.. thank you.

dvs
Unregistered guest
If you want cheap, ebay is the way to go. A dude sells 7" high resolution tft lcd monitors for like $119 plus shipping. DVD head units are something like $159. Search under "Innovatek". Obviously it's no-name stuff, so I'm not sure about the quality. The specs look good though. Buyer beware is the key, but you should be able to get something for under the max you stated. Don't blame me if it's garbage, though.

angry_dwarf
Unregistered guest
Actually, goto the website www.MP3PlayerStore.com
same guys selling it. Only, for some odd reason, it's cheaper.

Bronze Member
Username: Hittmann

Adelaide, South Australia Australia

Post Number: 11
the 7" Oslon in dash screen that i got from ebay is being sent back because after 2 weeks maybe used about 4 times and it developed weird problems. Im getting a 7" Caska one now instead.

Unregistered guest
the innovatek looks good when you watch there videos on their web site but i think im going to get one for my civic. The only thing i think is missleading is the fact that it doesnt come with the dvd player attached. I think its just the screen. can anyone comfirm that for me. if they have a whole peice then let me know what the item # is so i can write it down

Username: Destructor1972

Chippenham, Wiltshire UK

Post Number: 3
be warned with the innovatek dvd players.. internal amp quality is poor and after connecting mine to 2 high power amps it managed to fry it!!
Guy at the repair shop said it was down to sub standard components not being able to stand the amount the external amps were pulling. Also, keep an eye out for the rated distortion levels.. anything under 80dbs any you'll encounter feedback if you plan to run external amps.
Apart from that, picture quality is excellent & they do have quite a few features for the price

Anonymous

Word to the wise...you get what you pay for...I bought a visor monitor off ebay because it was super cheap...mistake!!!! damn thing wont play color till it's been on for at least 10 minutes

MP3PLAYERSTORE R CROOKS
Unregistered guest
Innovatek Players are Crap and the people at the MP3playerstore are dishonest. Stay AWAY from them. I got a defective unit sent it back and they never sent a replacment. They are very dis organized! Legacy is a MUCH better all around Unit.

Silver Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 133
you get what you pay for, Just buy the factory refurb panasonics, pay the difference, it has a 90day manufacture warranty. The 7001 unit I was selling for about $690 delivered.

Anonymous

i check out this online store MILLIONBUY.COM and they have some tft and car audio system for a good price i checked it out but i never bought one i think there product should be good.

Anonymous

OK, I've been researching about Innovatek and they seem to be crap after all. I am looking for a DVD player which will play from an SD card (or at least from an USB port). I've seen some models from Boss (without DVD) and some from Pyle:

http://cgi.ebay.com/AM-FM-MPX-DVD-VCD-CD-Player-w-TV-Tuner-USB-Input_W0QQitemZ58 74057767QQcategoryZ94843QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Are these guys from AudioBlowouts reliable? I've had a Boss MP3 CD player for my car and it was OK, it skipped sometimes with regular audio CDs and radio quality wasn't too good, but I paid under 100USD for it 3 years ago so it was quite OK... What would you recommend?

Bronze Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 74
MAN... SCREW ALL THAT CRAP!...
I HAVE A 7" INDASH TFT LCD PANASONICE PANEL MONITER ($194 INCLUDES S + H) .. AND THE PICTURE IS BETTER * IMO * THAN A JENSEN, BOSS, AND XO VISION.. IT'S JUST THAT GOOD!

FOLLOW THESE STEPS AND BE HAPPY:
1) GO ON EBAY
2) CLICK ON CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
3) CLICK ON CAR ELECTRONICS
4) TYPE THIS IN " TFT LCD MONITER "
5) FIND THE ONE YOU WANT, THE PICTURE QUALITY IS OUTRAGEOUSLY GOOD TO BE SO CHEAP...
6) KEEP YOUR CD PLAYER ( INSTALL THAT BACK IN )
----------------------------------
* IT'LL BE LOOK LIKE THIS - *
INDASH SCREEN <--- TOP DIN
CD PLAYER <------- BOTTOM DIN
----------------------------------
7) GO TO WALMART, AND BUY YOU A DVD PLAYER
* I PREFER AN APEX, MAGNAVOX, ETC.;
THE SAME ONE'S *
8) GET YOU AN " FM MODULATOR "...
* YOU NEED THIS SO YOU'D HAVE SOUND, IT PLAYS OFF YOUR CAR ANTENNA, IT'S EASY TO INSTALL *..
9) THE DVD PLAYER GOES UNDER YOUR PASSENGER SIDE SEAT..
10) YOU ARE SET!!!!!

INDASH MONITER - $198
DVD PLAYER - $36
FM MODULATOR - $45-$60
THAT'S ABOUT $294 ....

OHH YEAH! I FORGOT TO MENTION: YOU NEED A POWER INVERTER ($17 @ WALMART)

WHETHER THAN BUYING A SCREEN AND DVD COMBO, WHICH THE DVD PLAYER PROBABLY DOESN'T PLAY ALL APPLICATIONS... AND A PATHETIC SCREEN!

THAT'S WHY I DID.. AND I'M VERY VERY HAPPY W/ IT... I EVEN BOUGHT A 10.4" TFT LCD MONITER... AND IT'S CONNECTED TO THE DVD PLAYER AND LOOK EXCELLENT ( PICTURE AND EVERYTHING ELSE )

INSTALLED BY ME....

Username: Psihoxxx

Post Number: 1
about innovatek - i just got a dvd car stereo (plays audio,mp3,4,video) a 363dvd model but it seams to have serious antishock problems - does anyone got any similar experience ??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us