Need too get a nice system in budget need HELP

Username: Kealozim

Post Number: 1
Ok, here is my dilema, I have gone through several speakers/amps in my time.. well not many compared to alot of vets but, i have gone through 4 sets of speakers, 2 old 15" Kickers from 1995 I believe was my first set on a Pioneer 760w 2ch amp, pretty nice for my first system.... but still im not satisfied, oh by the way the amp(Pioneer) that I bought came with some crappy 10" subs, which I can't even remember the name of but they were complete crap in my standards... then I upgraded(or downgraded) to a pair of 12" Kicker Comps Single Voice-coil, they were ok for a while, but then the wire that comes from the voicecoil to the actual connection for the wires kept breaking for some unknown reason, after about 10 times of resoldering the wire back together i said screw it, soldered them on for one last time and sold them for 50$, then I was misled somehow by someone on ebay when I bought some crap components, some Pyramid 15" subs that claimed to be awesome.. yeah right, along with a "1600w" Pyramid 2ch-bridgable amp... yes indeed this purchase was also a waste of time/money/trashcan space because it didnt even power the subs to even hit whatsoever, i got more of a rattling of the subs instead of bass... so here is my problem

I want to stop wasting time messing around, and money and get a nice reliable system that has some NICE hard hitting bass, I want a pair of 12" subs is all I want, a good brand-name set of speakers is aLL I WANT, I'm really tired of being misled with all sorts of big numbers making me believe this stuff is actually worth buying... I really need advice on what components I should buy, I was looking into Kicker Solobarics L5 12" but then I thought that might be costly for the subs, not to mention the amp to power it, my budget is around 700$, 800$ is pushing it... and I only want to buy stuff that I know is gonna sound GREAT, no I can't settle for lame setups with no good bass, I can't stress more that I want alot of BASS... screw SQ, I can get my high frequencies to drown out alot of the distortion. Does anyone know what would be the best for my taste? Keep in mind I don't want crappy stuff thats gonna blow the month I get it, and wiring isnt an issue, once I get all the components I will have it professionally installed with a warranty on their work, so if something is wired wrong I can just go back and tell them I want my money back and a refund... someone please help me!

Bronze Member
Username: Symplestiles

Stockton, CA Usa

Post Number: 31
is this 700$ for just subs and amp? or is it for subs, amp, box, and speakers?

2 12" cerwin vega VMAXs. $109 a piece right now at http://www.acaraudio.com/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=52&products_id=1256&o sCsid=47c04f2fb6bc0adb7dfe02ce6681a3f8
JBL BP600.1 for $175 at http://www.electronic4me.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=447

OR

2 12" adire audio shivas. $125 a piece SHIPPED at http://www.acoustic-visions.com/~acoustic/products/subwoofer_drivers/adire_shiva /
JBL BP600.1 for $175 at http://www.electronic4me.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=447

both of those setups are pretty good for the money, the VMAXs might hit a little bit harder but the shivas make up for it with their SQ.

for speaker components go with the infinity kappa perfects for around 200$ on ebay.

youll need 1.75 cuFT per sub so choose your box accordingly. hope this helps, anyone else is welcome to post their ideal system for the 700$ total. peace & love

Silver Member
Username: Grmncrsnbr

VA

Post Number: 333
Id stick with the vmaxes only look for them on ebay where they are a lot cheaper. Rather than Ininity speakers i would get mb quart references those spekaers are glorious for the price and you dynamat your doors a little it only makes them better.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1100
What I'd do with $700-800 would be (in your situation, of course):
Adire Audio Brahma 12", $379, 3.0 cu ft slot ported box tuned to 35 hz
JBL 600.1 $200
Infinity Kappa Perfects, $200
Yeah, I know I'm pushing your $800 limit, but you gave the option, someone had to take it :-) I tend to lean toward the Kappa Perfects over MB Quart References, the only MB Quarts better than the Perfects (in my opinion)are the Q series. I know you're probably thinking that one sub isn't enough to fill your needs, but stick that Brahma in that slot ported box and I'll make you a believer, that sub is an all out monster and has excellent sound quality as an added benefit(better than the Shiva and V-Max) You can hit mid 140s with a single Brahma (depending on the car), a LOT more than those other subs you've had would do. Trust me, one fantastic sub is better than two subs of lesser quality.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us