1 Type R 1241D to 1 MRP M350

Anonymous
I just ordered one Alpine 12inch Type R 4 ohm sub and will have it hooked up to an Alpine MRP-M350 700Watt mono amp. I was wondering if this would be a good setup and was also wondering what the term "bridged" means because Im thinking it means doubling the output to 1 speaker by connecting wires or something. The specs say that its 700wx1 bridged for a 2 ohm sub so would that be 600wx1 bridged for a 4 ohm? Anyways would it be ok if later I got another Typer R 4 ohm or should I just sell my current Type R and get 2 Type R 2 ohms. Please help a newbie have a nice systems. Thanks!!!

Anonymous
Oh yeah Im also building a ported sub box for it and was wondering where I can get the port tubes and what size and length I should get them at. I think im going for 1'1/2 cubic feet for the box.

REDSKIN
MRP M350 gives 350watts rms into 2 ohms and 200watts rms into 4 ohms. Whn you say 4 ohm type r I assume you mean the 4 ohm dual voice coil model which if you wire the voice coils in parallel will give you a 2 ohm load for your amp. In the future if your thinking of more woofers get another two 4 ohm dvc type r's and wire all the left channel voice coils in parallel and all the right channel voice coils in parallel then hook both channels up in series to get an easy 2.6 ohm loading for your amp. The best bit is that follwing Alpines recomended enclosure size you only need 3cu. ft. for all 3 subs. alpine recomend just under 1 cu.ft. for a single 12" type r.

To the guy builing ported box for type r you need drain pipe for for the port. This comes in handy 3,4and 6" sizes. I'll say again Alpine recomend a sealed encloure of just under 1 cu.ft. But if your set on building a ported box use your 1.5cu.ft. box then fit a port 3" ID 7.11" long or 4" ID 14" long. This will give you a very boomy box but along time ago I used to run a free air 12" sub in 1.25cu.ft. and it was ok but wouldn't go very low. But why bother when small sealed looks good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us