Are Power Acoustik amp good?

Bronze Member
Username: Pdivvy5

CT United States

Post Number: 45
I was wondering if the Power Acoustik Gothic OV2-400 amp would be a good fit for the Infinity Kappa 60.5cs component speakers. If not, then what one would you reccomend for around the same price?

skydive
Unregistered guest
I have a PPI PCX440 to power my 6.5XR JLs (front and back)

you can get one on ebay refurb'd for $150 or new for $200

Bronze Member

CT United States

Post Number: 46
I dont think it is enough power to feed the comps im buying (Infinity reference 60.5cs). Thats 40x4, and the one i am looking at is Power Acoustik Gothic OV2-400. Is this is right?

Bronze Member

CT United States

Post Number: 47
Wow, i just read what i wrote, and it does not make any sense, sorry. Let me say this again. Ok, that amp (the PPI PCX440) is 40 x 4 at 4 ohms, and the OV2-400 is 85 x 2 at 4 ohms. The OV2 amp is also cheaper than the PPI. So, if i wired the PPI amp to my comps, it would put out 80x2 right? I am only powering two speakers, for i am not going to have any rear speakers. I have subs, which i am powering with probably an MTX 311d amp. Does anyone know if there is a 4 channel amp that i could but to power my JL 12's AND my components (Infinity Reference 60.5cs) that is around $150-200? Or am i better off buying 2 seperate amps?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us