Wiring Question (bridging)

Bronze Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 81
A buddy of mine is getting a Mazda MX6. He's also getting a pair of Kaption 10" High Definition subs (175watts RMS each) in a box. He's also getting a Phoenix Gold Octane-R 5.0:4 (4 channel amp, 50W RMS x 4 Channels or 150W RMS x 2 channels), to run his subs and door speakers. The car has four 6"x8" speakers in it.

Now he asked me about the wiring and I told him he could bridge two channels and run 150 watts to the subs. I guess the subs would have to be 4 ohms each wired in parallel right? I also told him that the remaining 2 channels could be used to run the door speakers. It's better to have the two channels left and right instead of front and back correct? Also would that be 25 W RMS per speaker if wired this way?

Let me know what you gusy think about my questions and about the whole system in particular. The guy's on a budget and he can get a deal on these things.

Silver Member
Username: Jayj

Louisiana USA

Post Number: 408
I'm guessing the subs are 4ohm SVC?? If so he should get something like a JBL300.1 and wire the subs for 2ohms. Then throw those front 6x8s in the trash and get a 6 1/2 component set. Then get a little amp for them. I would do it like this because if the subs are SVC 4ohm then the 2 subs will take all 4 channels in bridge mode. So I would just run 2 amps. Good Luck

Bronze Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 19
good call jay
xcept I don't know about trashing the stock 6x8's the mazda stock speakers aren't that bad, and some were already powered anyway.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us