Wow alpine type x 12" subwoofer

Silver Member
Username: Purplehase_bong

Bc Canada

Post Number: 129
i went to a&b sound today and listend to it.! it was so loud that the force of the bass moved the whole box back. there 600 buks canadain for 1 12". i might get one :-)

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 130
i bet this sucker can beat a W7 :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1083
Not near the excursion of a W7, or the surface area for that matter. The 12" Type X has a 19.1 mm x-max, 12W7 has 29mm (big difference). Surface area of the type X is 529 cm^2, the 12W7 surface area is 542 cm^2. The Alpine Type X's peak mechanical excursion is 22mm, so the 12W7 has more LINEAR excursion than the type X does peak. Not to mention the 12W7 has a stronger motor and requires less power. Not knocking the Type X sub, it's a pretty good sub, but there are better subs for the price. Alpine really hasn't impressed me with their subs, 19.1 mm isn't something to scream about for the price that sub is, and sound quality isn't as true as a W7. Want a sub that'll spank both of them in SPL? Resonant Engineering 12" X.X.X., retails less than the Type X, better sound quality than it as well, 32mm linear X-max.

Silver Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 132
man u always gotta be right dont u? :P but ya ur right again as usall. but the type x slams like a mofo...i can barely stand next to it when it was at peak.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1090
Oh yeah, I wasn't doubting it hits hard, you just mentioned buying one, I'm all about value ;) The Re X.X.X. is cheaper and has better SPL and SQ. That's what I was getting around to. Good luck choosing your sub, though, I was just shedding some light on what I'd do :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us