Power Acoustik A1800DB....

Bronze Member
Username: Fordtaurusbass

Iowa United States

Post Number: 13
I have a 15" adire brahma that I just bought and I was just wondering if this would be a good amp to power it. It runs at 1400W rms at 1 ohm, and the sub is 1 ohm stable. Here is a link: http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid=305&stk_code=powa1800db&svbname=309, also what would be the best type of box to put this sub into to get the most spl out of it.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 1049
I wouldn't even touch that amp for the money, poorly made and overrated. You don't need that much power for a Brahma, you'll see that by reading the owners manual. For a Brahma 15" for SPL, a 4.0 cu ft box (net) tuned to 35 hz would hit very hard. Adire lists specs for the box. Anyway, you won't need but 600W, 800 at the most, to get that sub to full excursion. 600 will most likely do it with that big ported box. I'd advise you to run the sub on a 4 ohm load rather than a 1 ohm, the amp will have more headroom and sound better, and less heat issues. A 2 channel bridged for the power you want or a mono amp putting out 600-800 RMS would be perfect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us